s model question

Davey25

Reaction score
I thought the only difference between a sl and slx was the side panels..I just bought a 20 with the curvy side panels which I thought would be an slx but it only says sl on the sides..looked at the receipt and says slx...in the brochure its says slx but u look close at the boat its the same as mine sl with curvy panels..please help.. also I noticed the panels that cover the area above the pontoon are just plain aluminum and the boat that had 25" and that actually said slx had fancier ones that matched the edge of the boat...sorry for the long post lol

Dave,

I'm not sure I understand. The 'X' means that the boat will have the "x-rails." The rails will be different, that's about it. I don't understand the curvy panel and the area above the pontoon? And 25", do you mean diameter of the actual pontoons? LOL, I guess we just need some clarification of the post.

24 SSRX-2630.jpg20SLX rails.JPG

Your dealer can help you! SLX models have fence panels tucked behind the rails, and the stern rails arch downward. SL models have our traditional fence panels, flat panels on the outside of the rails. Here are two shots of X rails. Enjoy your new boat, TB

Last edited:
p.s. Your dealer can get you a new set of model designators if your are missing that X!!!!

Yes those pictures are the boat I have..but says sl so I guess just a mishap from the factory..I should get the proper decals

I don't think they have the proper decals yet. Mine says SSL, but it's a 5/12 built SSLX. Or when they run out of decals, maybe they'll have the new decals with the correct model.

Weird ehh..I know there one of the best pontoons..obviously that's why I bought one..but really doesn't say much for their quality controls..if they ran out of stickers or didn't have them..that's not really any excuse..and its a pretty obvious mistake..I know its only a 10 cent decal and I know they will take care of it for me but to improperly brand your own product kinda blows me away

Mine says SLX on it but the dealer says it is an SLMX. He wasn't very clear on what the "M" was for and nobody seems to be able to tell me.

I live in Michigan ,when I ordered mine , I was told that the " M " is for a Michigan Package

Thanks Admiral, I had heard that but nobody was sure. I bought mine in Nebraska.

I was told by a local dealer that the M adds 6 inches of extra bow room, Apparently Michiganders like sitting on the front of the boat, thus the need for more room. I haven't seen any tech specs to support this but that is what I was told. Maybe TB can chime in on that

Yes, the 20SL"M" is a Michigan version that simply moves the entire rail system back a few inches so the boat gets a slightly bigger bow deck. The rest of us order the standard SL or SLX because most customers enjoy a larger stern deck for water sports, etc!

:) TB

Thanks TB!!

Interesting.

TB - Just some feedback - We RARELY use the front deck.

Matter of fact, if I could have personally picked my dimensions, I probalby would have reduced the front deck down to just 6 inches and put the rest in back.

Matter of fact, if I could have personally picked my dimensions, I probalby would have reduced the front deck down to just 6 inches and put the rest in back.
So there you have it, Kaydano prefers a little more out back than out front. Interesting. Hehe

Thanks everybody. My dealer thought it had to do with the rail placement being a little different but had a lot of trouble explaining it. This all makes sense.

Just saw my 2013 sslx, and it has the X included.

Yes, the 20SL"M" is a Michigan version that simply moves the entire rail system back a few inches so the boat gets a slightly bigger bow deck. The rest of us order the standard SL or SLX because most customers enjoy a larger stern deck for water sports, etc!

:) TB

Hello All !

New to the forum and just want to say that y'all are a wealth of information. Thanks!

We're in the process of "trying" to decide on the right Bennigton for our retirement years. Very limited budget so we're thinking the 20SL(M?) with a 70hp Yamaha, 25" tubes, helm recliner (G), and (dealer suggestions)....battery switch, rough water package, and heavy duty rub rail.

We've been trying to get some info on whether or not the "M" version is an extra charge and also I think I read somewhere that the "X" was so popular that they've basically combined the SL and SLX.

Any advice or input is very much appreciated and I am aware that if and when we purchase...pictures are a must.

Thanks

Back