S vs SX vs SXP

roksolid

Reaction score
So what the main differences...looking for a 22' tritoon with a 150hp and keep running across different models and can't find a way to compare the 3 different trim levels...

All three Pertain to the S series model line. Basically they are as follows:
S = most basic materials, fencing, aesthetics, floor plan, and hull/motor options. Budget centric.
SX = more standard fencing, trim, details and look. More floor plans, and hull/motor options.
SXP = “premium” upgrades in materials, trim, details, helm upgrade, options. Most floor plan, hull/motor options.

As you move up from S to SX to SXP you are moving up in price, finish, options, etc...

For more details go through the Bennington website pages regarding S series pontoons. Here is the link. Go about half way down the page you get a basic description of each, and they link to more detailed pages about each one if you click on them.
S-Series Weblink

Here is link to the Build Site . Pick a model you want to compare .
In the upper right corner .There is a "show details "tab .
After you build one ( I use the long form there is a tab for that also ) There is tab above the spot to enter your information that says "show standards and specs "
You will have to do each model separate

https://boat-builder.benningtonmari...ecb34afd9e5614?SERIES/SXP&MODEL/22SSXPSG=true

Jacks idea above is very good too. Your BEST option if at all possible is to see all three on a showroom floor. I did what I suggested above, followed by Jack’s suggestion back in Nov. of 2016 when we were looking. However, until I saw the difference in person between the SX and the SXP, I didn’t fully appreciate the upgrade. Once we saw them, we went with the SXP version of our boat. Glad we did, but also understand those upgrades are not wanted by all vs. costs.

Best of luck with the research and decision making process. I shopped, researched, and planned for about a year before we put in our order at the start of 2017. Been very happy. We tried to get our “last boat first” within our budget.

Just registered my new 2020 21SLX tritoon and joined Club Bennington. Probably a stupid question but I’ll ask anyway. Why can I not find any reference to an SLX model on Bennington website or am I just missing it.

Just registered my new 2020 21SLX tritoon and joined Club Bennington. Probably a stupid question but I’ll ask anyway. Why can I not find any reference to an SLX model on Bennington website or am I just missing it.

You have a 21' SX model. The 'L' in the middle indicates the floor layout you have; L=L-shaped bench in the rear.

SLX is a model within the SX series

We got the SLX with some upgrades and are happy with it. Stayed in budget but still got some nice upgrades we wanted

Mine is an SRX for example. I have two side by side loungers with a gate in the middle. In fact I have four, two up front two in the back.

Any idea what SSRCX means?

Edit: I think the SR means Stern Radius. So now the only mystery is the "C".

Any idea what SSRCX means?

Edit: I think the SR means Stern Radius. So now the only mystery is the "C".
It will have the longer rear bench on the port side instead of a co captains chair and shorter rear bench

So what the main differences...looking for a 22' tritoon with a 150hp and keep running across different models and can't find a way to compare the 3 different trim levels...

All I know is my head was spinning when I went to look for my first and only boat. Ended up with the 2019 SXRXP? The bottom line, seeing the layouts at the dealership and the shows helped the most in picking a craft. Now if I could only get to the lake and actually use it :cool:

All I know is my head was spinning when I went to look for my first and only boat. Ended up with the 2019 SXRXP? The bottom line, seeing the layouts at the dealership and the shows helped the most in picking a craft. Now if I could only get to the lake and actually use it :cool:
I know you're a busy man Jay. But those people in Arlington can do without you for a bit. Ha! Hope you're able to get down to SML and enjoy that Benny!

Back