Salt water

Tim Shinko

Reaction score
My wife and I are thinking about taking our boat to the coast for 3 day weekend with friends this summer for water festival .Looking for any advice other than changing the anodes from fresh water to salt water and giving it a good wash down and engine flush when done?

I've made plans on taking my new vessel to Fort Walton Beach this summer. I took our last Benny to Panama City Beach, last summer. I washed it down good, and flushed the engine, but then sold it a few weeks later, so I don't know if I did a good job or not. Then the new owner of my previous boat, wrecked in within days of buying from me. :(
I'm not going to change anything on mine except that I'm thinking about adding another aluminum mounting plate to the starboard toon, and possibly to the express toon, so I can add anodes to each toon. Aluminum anodes are supposed to be good/acceptable for salt, which is most likely what yours came with. We just had a bid discussion on another thread, here.

Oh, and don't forget the wash the trailer down very good. We were fortunate, in a way, with our trip. It rained on us the whole way back from that trip, so the highway pressure wash had to do it all some good.

Used to use our first boat in brackish/salt water in Maryland. Just flush the motor when you're done and wash the boat and trailer.

Back