Saltwater lift boards

lakeliving

Reaction score
I'll be converting an existing boat lift for the tritoon soon and am trying to decide what to do regarding the flat boards. The water will be brackish so I'm thinking bare wood wood be best. Although carpet would look better I don't want them holding water. Thoughts?

We have bare boards on ours and it seems to be doing fine.

Get those plastic covers.

Mine are aluminum with rubber on top.

Do yo have a photo? I think we’re talking about different styles perhaps. I’m talking about a 2x10. I used to have a lift with the aluminum and vinyl bunks that hugged the toon like on a trailer.

Those don’t look cheap! I like them though. What are the details? What would the pros be of using them?

I like them too. They look like my 2x6's.

Your right they weren't cheap. I have a bad leg from Vietnam that makes it difficult to get around the boat when it's on the lift. The side boards are 25 foot long and allow me to walk along the outside of the boat when it's on the lift to install the cover or wash the boat. They were installed when I had a Yamaha Jet boat. The flat aluminum boards were added for the pontoon to sit on when I purchased the tritoon last January. We have several pontoons here all set up the same way minus the outside walkway. They last forever and are not affected by salt water or the elements. Because of the walkway, I have very little clearance on the sides between the guides. Maybe an inch on each side.

Thanks for the info. Who makes them? I really want to check those out. My wife is not fond of the wood look. I like the ability to walk around it as well. Smart.

I called and left a voicemail. I'm curious to see what they say.

See if there's a tractor trailer shop near you. Might be body moulding that would work and be less costly. Other than the color options, looks like body trim to me.

Back