Scuff marks on tube, replacing rubrail

dgm14

Reaction score
Any ideas on this one? I know there are bolts holding the railing down to the rub rail/skirt, down to the deck. I have ordered the part for replacing the aluminum rub rail.

Trying to figure out the best way to buff out these scuffs/scratches (tube is not dented and kept its shape). Boat has less than 10 hrs on the water.

Attachments

• IMG_4066.jpg
    IMG_4066.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4067.jpg
    IMG_4067.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_4068.jpg
    IMG_4068.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 132
The rubrail is actually a piece of trim that wraps around the boat protecting the piece that you have dented. If you replace the wrap piece look into adding a rub rail, I have pics in my gallery when I did it. If the toon has sharkhide you probably don't want to mess with it as that will remove the sharkhide. My mindset about scratches, dents, dings is that I cannot see them from the drivers seat, therefore I go boating.

My mindset about scratches, dents, dings is that I cannot see them from the drivers seat, therefore I go boating.
I'm trying to adopt that approach as our Benny is stored by our dealer and sits in a slip all season, unlike my previous boat (bowrider). However, being a rather particular person by nature, this paradigm shift will take time...

I wish I could forget about it and go boating.. but the dern thing is so new.

The toon does not have sharkhide.. would scotch brite be the route to take? or maybe a DA sander? I don't want to make it more noticeable but figured it might be worth a shot

I would use a fine scotchbrite pad.

I wish I could forget about it and go boating.. but the dern thing is so new.

The day I brought mine home I was pushing it into the barn, hit a hard stop and heard an unpleasant sound. The nice HD shelf bracket on the back wall took a nice divot out of my motor cover. Still ain't moved that damn bracket. o_O

Back