Sea Legs Update(s)

Video Performance Test in link below. Same variables as above tests on calm water with a light cross breeze. Just me driving and recording on my phone, so no real trim adjustments or anything. Nothing fancy. Got up to 40.7 mph on gps. When I wasn’t videoing I was able to tweak trim, and the best I got was 41.1 mph on gps.

Well if you can hit 40mph and have your lift with you everywhere you go I’d say that’s pretty darn good!
You’ll also really appreciate them in the fall as well ;)

Video Performance Test in link below. Same variables as above tests on calm water with a light cross breeze. Just me driving and recording on my phone, so no real trim adjustments or anything. Nothing fancy. Got up to 40.7 mph on gps. When I wasn’t videoing I was able to tweak trim, and the best I got was 41.1 mph on gps.

If you want the hole shot back, potentially get a 15 pitch. How were your rpm’s at WOT?

If you want the hole shot back, potentially get a 15 pitch. How were your rpm’s at WOT?

Very good point. I was at 5800 rpm - with a light load. The range for my motor at WOT is 5800-6400. On a light load it would be nice to get back to the higher end of my range.

If the generic rule of thumb ends up working out, a 15p should put me at about 6000, a 14p at about 6200, and a 13p when lightly loaded at about 6400. I’d almost want to try out all three sizes.

Last edited:
Sea Legs Performance Update 6/30/19: 20 gal.gas. 6 people on board (2 guys, 4 girls).

Topped out at 38.2 mph on gps with light head wind and calm waters. That was it after trimming it in.

I noticed this outing that with the extra weight I am a little lower in the back, and my motor was already slightly low in the water before. I’m going to ride out this season as is, and then lower the motor one hole (maybe two) to raise it up a notch in the water for next season.
⚓

8FCD433D-0044-4DC4-BA89-C000C2918C11.jpeg

Remote Update: Put new batteries in it. Power in it after putting them in. Sat it down for a day and didn’t actually use it at all (icky out at the time I replaced batteries). By the time I went to use it the next day, no power and not working.

So....apparently I got a bad remote with the new Sea Legs. No big worries since I have the app. I’ll just have to take it into the dealership and have them do a warranty replacement on the remote.

Circuit breaker update: Tripped the Sea Legs hydraulic box circuit breaker extending the legs dockside and lifting the entire boat up. It surprised me to have tripped it shortly after starting to actually lift the boat up - it wasn’t even fully out of the water yet.

I will be keeping track of this, as it has not done that before. Maybe just a quirk in the moment. However, it shouldn’t be tripping that circuit breaker in that situation.

Back