Sea Legs

Recently installed Sea Legs on my 2015 Bennington 21s Tritoon. Love them by the way. No need for a shore station and the toons stay clean. It's amazing to dock or raise at the beach. No issues except was using an old battery and the boat sat for 2 weeks and battery was dead.

Not sure if I need to run a second battery or larger battery if anyone perhaps has Sea Legs to comment.
Great to hear! Have you noticed any performance impact?

I've had a few sets of Sea Legs and haven't ran in to that problem. A second battery is never a bad idea in my opinion though.

My dealer installed a 2nd battery and switch with my Ultra Legs installation. I think having a backup is important. I think Ultra Legs has an option to work the Legs with a drill as a backup.

After talking to the dealer and reading comments here it seems like a 2nd battery with a switch is very wise. I did run into my 1st snag this weekend so I spoke too soon. The legs got stuck in the up position and couldn't get my boat in the water for hours. Waiting on a technician to come out and advise if its a pump or something else. Its not the battery as I bought a new one just in case. Will post more when I know for others. What I couldn't figure out is... is there a way to manually drop the legs in cases like this? Does anyone know?

not sure if and where the circuit breaker would be but when i use the remote I can hear clicking... but the pump/motor does do anything,. The local marina came out as said the unit is getting current. They thought was solenoid or pump issue

The sea legs web site has a message center. They might be able to let you know how to drop the legs manually.
I have the ultra legs system and this link shows how to manually operate with a drill. Not sure if the same with sea-legs.

I think this is totally it... and we realized (too late) that our battery was 4 years old. the video mentioned that a low battery can eld the solenoid shut. Out boat sat for 2 weeks and it was a 4+ year old battery. Will add a second battery and try the solenoid. Thanks so much for the very quick help here... I could have used you Saturday morning on the lake.

DO you know if there is a way to manually lower the sea legs?

Not sure about manually lower sea legs as I have the ultra legs system, however they seem very similar. My ultra legs system will allow you to use a drill, but I have never done it.

I think this is totally it... and we realized (too late) that our battery was 4 years old. the video mentioned that a low battery can eld the solenoid shut. Out boat sat for 2 weeks and it was a 4+ year old battery. Will add a second battery and try the solenoid. Thanks so much for the very quick help here... I could have used you Saturday morning on the lake.

DO you know if there is a way to manually lower the sea legs?

There are two manual toggle switches on a faceplate that should be mounted near your Sea Legs pump. I’m back home or I’d take a picture for you. Blue faceplate with two toggle switches for up and down. HOWEVER, if your boat is heavier like mine, it probably wont be of total use. The switches are only for entire boat up or down. However, our pump is not strong enough to put BOTH the front and back of the boat up with the whole boat switches. Instead, we always have to use the specialized switches on our phone app to raise the back of the boat. It otherwise just gets driven into the water as the font raises...

If the manual toggle switches are just a replacement for the remote, then they will not work for him. He needs to be able to manually operate the legs without power.

If the manual toggle switches are just a replacement for the remote, then they will not work for him. He needs to be able to manually operate the legs without power.

D’oh! Right. Never mind. Sea Legs do not have any manual option like the drill bit option on the Ultra Legs. A big oversight in my opinion. I worry about the same issue some day...

confirmed there is no way to manually lower... :( minor oversight. They are coming to replace the Solenoid and or pump. Adding the 2nd battery.

So for those of you who have Sea Legs Brand and are worried if the Legs won't retract... there is an Emergency way to get the Sea Legs up by draining the hydraulics into a bucket. Here are the instructions from Sea Legs...
IMG_0325.jpg
EMERGENCY-SEA LEGS WILL NOT GO UP:

On the Hydraulic fittings back by the Sea Legs Pump crack open, BUT DO NOT REMOVE, the solid green, blue, red, yellow hydraulic fittings. You need air to go back to the cylinder when you pull them up manually or they will get hydro locked.

Grab a Bucket for the Hydraulic Oil and then REMOVE the Blue/Green line and then the Orange/Yellow line which will deplete the oil.

from what I heard they are more problematic in Mud. best to call Sea Legs in Minnesota. Some models for sea legs and Ultra legs have longer "feet" which I would think you need in muddy bottom. We are all Sand in MI. Works perfect

After talking to the dealer and reading comments here it seems like a 2nd battery with a switch is very wise. I did run into my 1st snag this weekend so I spoke too soon. The legs got stuck in the up position and couldn't get my boat in the water for hours. Waiting on a technician to come out and advise if its a pump or something else. Its not the battery as I bought a new one just in case. Will post more when I know for others. What I couldn't figure out is... is there a way to manually drop the legs in cases like this? Does anyone know?
Are you using the remote? Try the switches on the control box. I had a remote that the battery holder broke loose (coin cell) and had intermittent connections. Purchased a replacement remote. $100

Back