Sea life in your Benny

TomS

Reaction score
Part of our new life living near the Gulf of Mexico (Sanibel) is an abundance of of new creatures to think about as you're in and around the water. I walk the beach every day, so seeing dolphins, manatees, stingrays, water snakes, and even small sharks is quite common in these parts.

I saw a guy beach fishing the other day, bring in a small shark (maybe 3-4') to shore. He fussed with it for a bit in the shallows to release it, trying to figure out how to best clear his line and hook. At some point he just grabbed it by the tail with one hand, lifted it up in the air and used the pliers to get it out and sent him back on his way. Just like any other fishing... ya.

This news video below was posted yesterday, showing a nice Bennington S series Saltwater Edition, along with a 12' hammerhead circling the boat, feeding on Tarpon. They say they're not particularly aggressive, but I still think I'll stay on deck :cool:

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/38165576/hammerhead-shark-spotted-near-beach-in-captiva

Thanks for sharing...

Pretty good. Thanks for sharing!

A lot more aquatic life down here in FL compared to the mid-west huh Tom?

Yes indeed

We actually have two types of "aquatic" species found in Lake Havasu. Quagga Mussels and Springbreaker Muscles.
Both considered to be nuisances by local residents. Fortunately, the latter are seasonal and only briefly seen during the month of March.

I've heard there is a 4000% increase in the usage of "bro" during that time too.

Yep. That and "dude" are quite popular.

When we went to Naples we saw some dolphins that came pretty close to where we were swimming. But when somebody spotted a small shark down the beach my wife was like........That's it getting out! Ha!

Back