Sea Trial

Ilovegt100

Reaction score
Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

Ok. 20 of 22 days of almost straight rain broke today and I have scheduled my sea trial tomorrow. I hope that 300hp yami on a 2572 qcw-sa will be enough power to vaccinate against pads. Anybody have any tips or suggestions? Pics to come...

If 300hp on a Q aint enough for you, well there is probably no hope ;)

I'm sure once you get out there it will all come together and that feeling of satisfaction will overwhelm you!

Get us some pics of your new toy, cause without pics, it aint true!

Enjoy!

If 300hp on a Q aint enough for you, well there is probably no hope ;)

I'm sure once you get out there it will all come together and that feeling of satisfaction will overwhelm you!

Get us some pics of your new toy, cause without pics, it aint true!

Enjoy!

There is hope. I'm dying to see a Twin 557 on on the back of a bright pink Q, or maybe ChromaFlair colored.

Get some sleep tonight! You'll need your energy tomorrow to smile from ear to ear the entire time your on the boat!

The Q you describe Jared would scream savage....in two very different ways!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about boat names as well. Do they have to be female? All my vehicles have been ladies since they are expensive and time consuming but worth it. My wife veto'd my best double entendres. Maybe something scary to frighten the gods like the ancient Vikings used to do...

What is the best way to then label the boat? I am planning dome numbers for registration as found elsewhere on this forum but unsure how and where to put the vessels name. 

No rules that I'm aware of regarding how or what you name your new vessel. Something beefy to go with that engine would seem appropriate!

Wowzer that was amazing. I thought cruising at 28 was good but hammer down at 49 was rediculous! I can't get pictures to post but will try resizing and reposting

Wowzer that was amazing. I thought cruising at 28 was good but hammer down at 49 was rediculous! I can't get pictures to post but will try resizing and reposting

You drove right by me today (well, about 100 - 150 yards) and didn't wave hi!  My wife and I were drifting down by Tim's Rivershore restaurant in our crimson red boat.  I figured that was you since I don't know of any other Q owners around here.  My wife told me I couldn't chase you -- I probably couldn't have caught up with you anyway.  :)

There's gotta be some etiquette rule about Bennington owners swinging by each other to at least say hello!!! 

Can't believe that I missed you guys! We really will be in running in the same circles so we should meet up- I promised to let you guys try out the Q so you know what the next pads upgrade will be  :)  

Our sea trial was with Jimmy, like 3 hours long, and, except for parking, I feel like I could really get used to this lifestyle. I didn't want to come in but I was so mentally drained that putting the cover on was like an IQ test and one of my poles was broken which didn't help. There has to be a better way than all that crawling and tugging.

Only issues with the boat were it could still use a good detailing since it was in storage, 1 broken mooring cover pole, missing porta potti, and non functioning cup holder lights. All of these things are supposed to be taken care of shortly and my new double Bimini and registration numbers will be installed next week.

Glad it went well.  The cover gets easier, and I stopped the crawling once I started putting the poles in as I went.  Thanks for the PM with contact info -- we'll definitely link up soon.

Back