Seat cleaning help

66cuda

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Looking for some help on cleaning the seats on our boat. I read as much as I could on the forum about cleaning the seats and picked up the 303 cleaners and protectors that everyone recommended. The issue we ran into is that while cleaning the boat and getting it ready to pull out for the winter we found a leaf that had gotten stuck between one of the front seats and back. When I opened the front seat seat we found the leaf and a nasty yellow stain around it. We tried using the 303 cleaner but it didn't make much of a dent. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 29
I have had the same issue, and have found a white vinegar and water mix helped to remove stains, I have also used a mild dish soap mixed in a bucket with water, and for really hard stains I have used magic erasers with success. Once I use any of the mentioned solutions I hose off the seats with fresh water and reapply vinyl protection because the vinegar and soap act as a degreaser and will remove all of the vinyl gaurd.

I recommend testing any cleaner either store bought or homemade in a small unseen area to ensure it does not stain or discolor the seats.

Best of luck removing the stain and happy boating.

66cuda..........Try LA's Totally Awesome cleaner. You can get it at the Dollar Store.......
If that doesn't work try a little bit of bleach and water.......

Be very careful with magic eraser on vinyl. Vinyl has a top coat and the eraser is sandpaper and can remove that coating.

Be very careful with magic eraser on vinyl. Vinyl has a top coat and the eraser is sandpaper and can remove that coating.

Remediation beat me to it, but anything that is abrasive like the magic eraser, and another item that is good for cleaning stains is dampened dryer sheet, but that too, is abrasive, and will wear down the protective finish as well as the color of the seats. Be careful, use them like you were cleaning poo from a baby's butt (although I'd use neither on a baby's butt, so don't call protective services :D ).

Back