Seat/Console Covers/Things I Wished I'd Ordered From Bennington

Smoky Mountain

Reaction score
Went out for our first 1.5 hour cruise today and got to the 2.0 hour mark on break-in.

Delivery was .5.

Looked like storms rolling in so I couldn't run it hard enough and get the GPS fired up to see what 4K RPM looked like.

After two days of wrestling the "playpen" cover we are definitely getting individual seat and console covers. Just putting the thing on once, then today on and off in a mere 80 degrees with 50% humidity the thing is a very large pain. I can't imagine dealing with this thing when it's 90 and 90% humidity. Going under to put the poles in is like a sweat lodge (buzz kill) and coming out, it's the limbo. Can you say snap thumb syndrome?

We are having the dealer price them even after putting it on the first time with his assist.

I can see using them for the winter or extended periods.

I don't care if they are $1000 or more!! BTW anyone know what they cost from Bennington?

I may have a canvas rigger come in and customize them.

Many of the tooners around us have gone that route. Then one only have to take the console cover of and the seats being used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seat covers shouldn't be rocket science, as they are very easy to construct.

Look for a quality upholsterer or an awning shop locally that's willing to take on this relatively small job.

Yeah, you're looking at a grand, maybe a couple/few hundred more. Depends on too many factors to guess at.

But uh...

You don't have to climb under to do the playpen cover.

Dig it...

Yeah, you're looking at a grand, maybe a couple/few hundred more. Depends on too many factors to guess at.

But uh...

You don't have to climb under to do the playpen cover.

Dig it...
Thanks for the tips. We were close. Your methodology helps.

My neighbors paid $2000 for their Sunbrella seat covers. I'll have to do some shopping.

I have my cover poles numbered. I start from the stern when putting the cover back on. First 5 or 6 times I was thinking this as going to be major pain, but after that I have it down to taking less them 5 mins to put the cover on. During the summer I pop down to the boat sometimes just to sit for an hour or two. I really don't think about the cover anymore, I do it so quickly it not really a bother. I have a 2250 RCW.

Back