Seat Cover, Delete Mooring Cover

Jenks, thanks for the photos.  My 20SSRX (same color as yours) has been ordered with seat covers, delete mooring cover.  $680.  Yours look great.

adk, you mentioned a lightweight mooring cover.  May I ask where you got it, and what type of fabric was used? Does it use clips, or snaps?

Thanks to all for the replies.

I am in a covered dock and use my mooring cover all the time.  My wife and I can put it on or off in 3 minutes and she is 68 and I am 69 years old.  We find that birds like to hang out on the covered dock and leave there droppings here and there but the mooring cover keeps it out of our interior.

Jack

We use our mooring cover all the time, too. On the recent sunset cruise that we did for the bid winner at our church, they were so surprised that our boat was a couple of years old. They said the seats look brand new, and they do. We keep it completely covered. It's a quick process where the long term benefits way over ride the little bit of hassle it takes to put it on and take it off.

If it were me I'd get both! USing the mooring cover over night and the seat covers during the day!

Jenks, thanks for the photos.  My 20SSRX (same color as yours) has been ordered with seat covers, delete mooring cover.  $680.  Yours look great.

adk, you mentioned a lightweight mooring cover.  May I ask where you got it, and what type of fabric was used? Does it use clips, or snaps?

Thanks to all for the replies.

I call it a lightweight cover but it's the one that came with the boat. Compared to my towing cover it's very light weight. I think if the individual covers are what works best for you than I'd go for it. Luckily I haven't had any issues cleaning the sea grass, and that's with a 2yo and a 5yo..... trust me they can make a mess!!

Cover the entire boat!  You won't be sorry in the long run!

I am 66 and had a shoulder replacement 9 months ago.  My boat is on a covered slip.  I can put the cover (with clips) on in around 8 minutes and take if off in about same time.  I don't use the poles, never had a problem even in windy/ rainy conditions.

If it is supposed to be good weather I'll do every other or every third snap and put the cover on. Today they are calling for storms so I used ever snap and all the poles when I covered it last night.

My dealer has informed me that the seat covers will no longer be offered, starting with the 2018 model.  I am surprised at this, since my order was placed and accepted on 5 July.

I guess I'll be buying the mooring cover after all.

Has anyone worked directly with Bennington's canvas vendor for seat covers?  How was it?

Failing that, has anyone ordered matching canvas from the vendor, to have a local shop match their bimini?

Thanks folks.

My dealer has informed me that the seat covers will no longer be offered, starting with the 2018 model.  I am surprised at this, since my order was placed and accepted on 5 July.

I guess I'll be buying the mooring cover after all.

Has anyone worked directly with Bennington's canvas vendor for seat covers?  How was it?

Failing that, has anyone ordered matching canvas from the vendor, to have a local shop match their bimini?

Thanks folks.

if Tumacs make their seat covers, they are a great company. i have had many covers made over the years. Google Tumacs covers and give them a call.

Myv, thanks!  I called Tumacs and they will, in fact, build the individual covers and they have all the Bennington patterns.  Like Bennington, they only work through the dealers.  That's the route I will go.

I will end up with both the mooring cover and the seat covers.  I presume the mooring cover will spend most of the time rolled up in the garage, but it will come in handy when we don't plan to use the boat for an extended time.  You know, like when the temperatures in Central Florida go down into the 60's.  At night.

Be safe.

Another owner suggested to me that Bennington discontinued the seat covers because of the ten year Bennington warranty.  That's a long time for canvas products.  Makes sense.

I'd bet its more like supply and demand. I wonder how many people actually order them. As you state to warrant something, for 10 years, that one out of every 500 boats may receive, is it worth offering the option. 

Back