seat locks???

Are you looking to safeguard the contents will you are gone?

Yes. There have been several boats that have been vandalized by our docks. I've been fortunate so far. Just looking for a deterrent. Currently I have the seat covers for the lounge benches and the console cabinet is where I use for lockable storage.

I am sure it can be done on the hinged seats, but it is going to involve drilling holes, 2" perhaps, in your seat bases and attatching hardware to the underside of the cushion.

A visit to a local locksmith may give you some ideas as to price and what locks would work, but i would be hesitent to do something like that, can you just take the valuables out of the boat when not in use?

One thing to keep in mind, if they want it, they will get it. There isn't going to be a lock that looks good and is truly secure. So it might just cause more harm than good. If they open your seat and steal, you lose the contents, if the seat is locked, than they'll break the lock, wreck your seats, and STILL steal everything.

I know the locks would be a deterrent but you are probably right as to more damage than it's worth.

How about a small locking cabinet or storage bin, and bolt or screw it down in the seat base ? Might make them move on to next boat .... I'm always worried about finding my cover slashed, or worse, slash the cover and seats at same time. I try not to dwell on it though, as I have insurance for a reason.

The marina I am docked at has a video security system ,and a " key code " gate to get in . My insurance is zero deductible .and includes everything . I am also taking pics to show what is there .The marina also offers a" locked dock box "

Last edited by a moderator:
Ours is a public park. Two years ago some kids damaged at least one boat on each dock. 10 docks total, with 16-24 plus slips each.

They now installed cameras, and more lights, but I doubt they would catch them a day or two later, maybe a week. Most go on their boats, on the weekend, and some NEVER move their boat all summer. They would not know for at least a week or more.

It really sucks that there are people who won't work for something, and are jealous of those like us that do, and have nice things to show for it. Maybe I'll name my boat " ONE SHOT, ONE KILL" ..... :)

Electrify the boat!

Did I fire 5 or was it 6 ?

Punk

Youngsters may not know who I am quoting .

I remember I had this cheap little alarm thing my dad bought for like $5 on clearance, it was a motion sensor with a siren connected to it, went off battery power, it was kind of annoying when it did go off.

If a tree falls in the forest . Depends where it is docked

When in doubt, empty the garbage ....

Seriously though ,there are low cost wifi camera's available .

I have the marina's security cams ,and I have still thought about purchasing one .

Watch ,if I have nothing to do ,check the recording if something were to happen .

And ,Don't ever put ketchup on a hotdog .

You could get a trail camera. Only shoot when there's movement. A wifi will need a wifi connection, and they are band width hogs ....

I like the trail cam idea .I am trying to think of where to hide it .

Toughest thing is, a trail cam is no good if they steal it too! Hehe

Back