Seeking Best Ski Mirror for 2375 GCW????

tasformwood

Reaction score
I am looking for a high quality ski and tubing mirror to mount to the rail or bimini upright of my 2375 GCW.  I would like to be able to see wide angle behind the boat while driving and pulling a skier or tube.  I would like to be able to easily collapse the mirror under the boat cover (if a rail mount) when we cover the boat.  I prefer not needing to mount and un-mount the mirror, since handling it and storing it will just lead to damage.

A dealer recently showed me the following PTMEdge mirrors..www.ptmedge.com

They are fairly expensive ($225-$300) Has anybody tried one?  How about alternatives?

Tasformwood

I have one .in fact they just asked me if they could use my pics in  a promotion.

Worth every penny .

Mine is shown in my profile pic below ( PXR-100)

http://www.ptmedge.com/pontoon-mirrors/

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ptm+edge

With free shipping ,you wont beat this price .( if you want the small )

http://www.amazon.com/Protomet-PXR-100-Pontoon-Mirror-System/dp/B00CV4M6WI/ref=sr_1_13/183-6680654-0475940?ie=UTF8&qid=1423829342&sr=8-13&keywords=ptm+edge

Last edited by a moderator:
We also have the PTM EDGE and it's great. Here's the mirror folded down.

gallery_1200_147_701993.jpg

Everyone that has a PTM loves it.  But then again, you'd have to if you paid that much.

There doesn't seem to be much competition for great mirrors though.  Cheap ones are, well, cheap. I've not found anything I like myself yet.  Can't bring myself to spend $200-$300 on something that shouldn't cost more than $20-$30.  It's a rear-view mirror fer cryin' out loud.

If money is no object, PTM Edge is the one to get.

I agree. I'm too cheap to spend that on a mirror. My neck works great for turning my head allowing visibility in all directions for free.

Agree with this! Of course with my 50 I'm not pulling anyone to watch out for anyway - just any traffic coming.

Tasformwood......

Buy the mirror! Well worth the investment! It's well made, has installation options, and is very functional. You won't be sorry........

I agree. I'm too cheap to spend that on a mirror. My neck works great for turning my head allowing visibility in all directions for free.
I dont use mine for skiing or tubing  . I use it to see the morons coming up on me way too fast in no wake zones 

Don't get me wrong, a mirror would certainly be nice to have, I'd just rather put the $250 into a Sea Star pump and cylinder. 

I love my Protomet! Especially the bigger one, so much easier on my neck when whipping poor unsuspecting tube riders!! hehe :lol:

Got a little touch of the dark side in you, eh bulldog  :p  

Did you buy it ?

I am looking for a high quality ski and tubing mirror to mount to the rail or bimini upright of my 2375 GCW.  I would like to be able to see wide angle behind the boat while driving and pulling a skier or tube.  I would like to be able to easily collapse the mirror under the boat cover (if a rail mount) when we cover the boat.  I prefer not needing to mount and un-mount the mirror, since handling it and storing it will just lead to damage.

A dealer recently showed me the following PTMEdge mirrors..www.ptmedge.com

They are fairly expensive ($225-$300) Has anybody tried one?  How about alternatives?

Tasformwood

Back