Seeking Feedback: Elliptical Toons With 115Hp Yamaha

DiamondDave952

Reaction score
I am looking for feedback from Benny owners with the elliptical toons. I am contemplating whether or not having elliptical toons are worth the cost? My current build is a 2021 22'SSBX with 115 hp and ultra legs. Looking for feedback on what I could expect performance wise with the elliptical toons to justify the upgrade cost. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Can’t give you WOT numbers but will say that in addition to a better quality ride you will also increase the buoyancy and weight your boat will support
You will increase your WOT slightly as the elliptical toons are the fastest toons available as they displace less water than the other toons

We love our elliptical pontoon. I would never get the 115hp. You will never be happy with the performance. Adding the weight of the legs will slow the boat. We have put 8 adults and 4 kids on the boat and can cruise at half throttle across the lake. 39 mph at WOT. It is NOT a watersport boat but a great cruiser and for us a fishing boat. Is the upcharge much different than the charge for the SPS tri toon.

We love our elliptical pontoon. I would never get the 115hp. You will never be happy with the performance. Adding the weight of the legs will slow the boat. We have put 8 adults and 4 kids on the boat and can cruise at half throttle across the lake. 39 mph at WOT. It is NOT a watersport boat but a great cruiser and for us a fishing boat. Is the upcharge much different than the charge for the SPS tri toon.
The upcharge for SPS according to Bennington's build and price website is around $6700, plus another $8000 for the 150 hp which I would have to add the hydraulic assist steering for $3000 and the price goes up fast... This boat is for my wife as she has always wanted a Bennington.

You will be fine without the assisted steering. I would love to have it but the only issue is when docking with one hand on the throttle and steering one handed. Talk to your dealer about the upcharge to the 150. My difference was much less than $8000. Now this was in 2015 and before the run on boats and rv's. If you are just going to be slow cruising the 115 will be adequate. Just don't want you to be disappointed in the performance. You can search for real world experiences on this forum. Rule #1 Don't believe the salesman or get it in writing.

Back