sgoodson251@comcast.net

Well , just got back from my face to face and got my deposit back .

Like to start off by thanking SEMPRRFI and all you other good folkes that chimed in . Pulled up to the door and took a deep breath and let it out thinking the whole time Anger never solves anything (thanks to Semperfi . ) Got out of the truck and walked in and asked the dealer if we could talk . He said , I've got about five minutes . Told him that in his own words he said turns out they don't make that boat with lifting stakes . He said he put them on it with no cost to me . Told him turns out that if I didn't get the boat as we discussed in great detail I didn't want the boat . He hollered at his secretary/wife and said to cut me a check for $3000 then went into a rant . Boiling on the inside , yet smiling on the outside I waited for my check .

He told me he had a boat coming in colors he couldn't sell (matador red with napa bieage interior . (the boat hasen't even been built yet and wasen't due until Sept 10th) He said the factory said he ordered the best package for that boat . He got the check and threw it donw on the desk telling me how I was complaining about a three inch peice  of metal that wouldn't make any difference . By this time seeing him turn red was starting to actually get funny to me . Then when I told him anger never solves anything (thanks again Semperfi ) he really went into a rage .

Picked up my check , and walked out with him still acting a fool .

Money back in bank and still looking for bucket list boat !

Well I'm glad to hear you got your refund. I'm sorry to hear that the dealer could have turned a lemon into lemonade, but just ruined a chance at potentially keeping you as a customer. I still HIGHLY recommend looking for another dealer (within reasonable driving distance) and don't discount the option of a dealer out there with a leftover 20SPS (or better than that) that might make you a heck of a deal. Look for a 21SPS too. PLEASE don't let this dealer rain on your parade of owning a Bennington. 

Thanks Pal , still looking and budget is low 30's (and I mean really low 30's )  . Know that is going to be hard to do , but , retired and what I have is all I'm ever gonna have . Money has to outlast me . (and wife) Looking at other dealer sites now . Really want a Bennington on beer money , without running out of beer money. Would concider used .

Glad it worked out for you.  That dealer sounds like an idiot and it's probably an omen it ended this way.  Continue to shop around until you find the boat and dealer you're comfortable with.  It'll happen, just be patient.  Time is on your side.  Good luck with your endeavor.  

So if reading correctly you both discussed what you wanted, he ordered, found out not available, then changed it without input from you and no change order? Shame on him. Good luck with your face to face meeting. Just remember, anger gets you nowhere. Be forceful but respectful. 

Mine wasn't a dealer issue, they're awesome!! It was a choice I made and have regretted ever since and the only real way to adjust is a new boat.

glad to hear this is all working out!

I am glad to hear that you got your deposit back.......even though the dealer sounds like he could use a course on customer service and general dealing with the public.  Don't let one bad apple ruin your quest for a Bennington.  I'd say keep an eye on dealers "in stock" boats that fit your needs as you can get a very good deal about this time of the year on new leftover '16 models that the dealer doesn't want to hold on to.  

We started looking the fall of '13 for a new boat.  Started looking at a sylvan and a misty harbor (both left over models) early in '14.......jan actually with over 3 foot of snow on the ground here in Ohio.  The '13 misty harbor was within 800 bucks of a '14 Bennington.......we opted to spend the extra 800 and haven't looked back since.   The misty harbor was a good looking boat but the quality just wasn't there for the price tag on the final product.  We liked the sylvan but once again the price difference wasn't enough to settle for the lesser boat.......back to the Bennington we went.

We love our boat and do get many compliments on it.  Just last weekend when we pulled into Micky D's (yes we have docks at Micky d's and taco bell) couple of fellas came up and asked us about our boat.  They really liked the layout and color combo we have......which makes you feel good about your boat.

DSC01634_zps06ee4c64.jpg

I can see how you get compliments on that boat , It's really sharp . Found a 21slx(2015 ) on craigslist last night down in Ga. at a dealer . It's a trade in on a new Benny . Didn't say how many hours . Has a 150 Merc . (hate to say it , but like Yamaha better .) They are asking $28,500 0n the trailer . Going to call tomorrow for more imfo and try and negociate the price down a little . It checks all the boxes of what I'm looking for . It does have the SPS package and thats a must for me .

My big bucket list trip is to start at the very head of the Tn. river (just above Knoxville Tn.) next year and go all the way into the Ohio and up into the Cumberland and take out in Nashville Tn . Been studying and planning the trip for three years . Just love seeing something different around every bend .

If you don't mind driving a way a from TN there are a few benningtons on Craigslist around here (n/w Ohio area). You could always give our dealer a look to see what they have too.  If you were interested in a drive to Ohio I'd say give me a shout and we could take you out on our boat to let you get the feel for the sps package and how the 150 performs with it.

spend a day marina

2015 with a 115 and trailer

2016 dealer closeouts

From the closeouts add it looks like Yamaha is offering the rebates or extended warranties again if you buy new......but if that isn't in the budget then used is always a great option.

2014 R23 with a 200 and trailer.........really like this one

21sl sps package and Yamaha 150

Thanks for the offer and imfo . Plans right now plans are to try and be patient (hard for me ) and keep a good watch for a deal I can't refuse . Feel I'll find the right Benny when weather turns cold . Bought new camper last year in November . Old poor boy has to watch his money . Need to leave enough that if anything happens to me my poor wonderful wife could get her a good man next time .  

Awww Heck , if the day I go I just spent my last dollar , that would be perfect timing .

You have made it clear that you are very price sensitive and we all understand and respect that.

However,  the right boat is even more important than the right price.

Don't trip over dollars trying to pickup dimes.

It sucks to pay too much, it sucks far worse to pay too little. 

Now that the price discussion is over with... I think there is a pretty sharp red boat just north of the boarder that may or may not be for sale  ;)  

I jut got up to speed on your story. That dealer is the biggest f'ing joke. I cannot believe how some just think they know everything and what is best for others. Wanting SPS and getting a two toon boat with strakes is like ordering a corvette and the dealer saying he ordered it with a 4 cylinder because you would like it better....

Was there a used car lot at this dealership as well?

Actually it was a three log boat with lifting stakes on center toon , but no foils or splash guards .

He is a boat and Can Am dealer .

I'm confused by the dealers comment regarding a 3" piece of metal comment.

He got the check and threw it donw on the desk telling me how I was complaining about a three inch peice  of metal that wouldn't make any difference . By this time seeing him turn red was starting to actually get funny to me .

Are we talking an entire toon vs. strakes added to a 2 toon? That comment makes zero sense.

I'm confused by the dealers comment regarding a 3" piece of metal comment.

He got the check and threw it donw on the desk telling me how I was complaining about a three inch peice  of metal that wouldn't make any difference . By this time seeing him turn red was starting to actually get funny to me .

Are we talking an entire toon vs. strakes added to a 2 toon? That comment makes zero sense.

He was talking about the foils on the inside of outer toons . SPS without performance foils and splash guard . Just lifting stakes on center Toon .

Ok. So there was a third toon. So we are not talking 2 toon vs. 3 toon.

Probably an Express Tube.

Back