Sharkhide after using Gord's Polish?

klaus96

Reaction score
Hey All,

Decided to use Gord's polish instead of Nuvite to shine up the toons. It says that it seals as well as polishes. That makes me wonder if Sharkhide would be a waste of time and money. Does anyone have any experience with using Gord's??

I think you should still seal it with Sharkhide or it will oxidize with time, but hey, their site says it seasls so maybe give it a try.

BUT, note this statement from their site ....

"The time to polish a semi truck's tanks, wheels, and more has been cut from 3 or 4 hours weekly to 1 or 2 hours monthly"

So it looks like it still an ongoing thing ..... seal it with Sharkhide !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a product called Ro-lite. It came with a fourth step which was called a sealant....didn't work....use Sharkhyde. Steve

+1 Another vote for Sharkhide.

I had the same thought process and put the boat in the water with just Gord's. The toons looked hazy after just three hours in the water so the Sharkhide went on the next day.

I just used Gord's on my Benny last week then used the laquer thinner on them and then still applied Sharkhide Metal Protectant after that. Just do it. It's a little money but just (buy) their cotton diapers they sell to apply it on....simple.

Use automotive grade lacquer thinner, it doesn't flash off as quick as acetone. The cheap wash-type is fine.Try to get as much residue as possible wiped off but it doesn't have to be perfect. Just remember that if you can see a streak after thinner wash it will show up. Steve

Back