sharkhide

how many people plan to use sharkhide on there new pontoons before it hits the water

• yes

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • no

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • what is sharkhide ?

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

rob

Reaction score
how many of you plan to use sharkhide, and if you have used it do you consider it a good investment ?

After seeing how easy it was to apply and looking at the boat after it has been sitting in the water for two weeks, it was worth every penny. The Sharkhide so far is doing a wonderfull job and I can tell the difference from a spot that I missed on the transom.

Since ours had never been in the water, i simply washed them with car wash soap, and applied the sharkhide. I feel it gave the toons a little extra shine, and time will tell on durability. Unless your toons are badly stained, or oxidized, i would not use an acid wash, as sold by sharkhide. Polishing them would be great, but that sounds like a lot of work!

I used sharkhyde on my old barge. My (new to me) 05 2550 has been mirror polished by me and I mean mirror polished. I tried the sharkhyde in a spot aand it dulled it somewhat. I am having trouble with water spots now.

Go to "top of the line" web site and check out RO-LITE. It does everything they said it would.

I'm a believer! I had a 2005 Bennington that I ordered WITH Sharkhide applied by the factory...it was like a $375 option then, and well worth it then. It kept the pontoons shiny for six summers, and was a real selling point when I sold the boat last fall.

I picked up my new boat two weeks ago (a 2011 2275 RLi), and spent last weekend cleaning up the pontoons to apply Sharkhide by myself this time, since you apparently can't get it done by Bennington any longer.

I hoped that I wouldn't have to spend much time cleaning up the pontoons before I put the stuff on, but I was wrong...It kind of looks like my boat must have endured some road salt on the ride from the factory to my dealer, so I used the Sharkhide polish (not the cleaner) to shine the pontoons up first. Although I have some swirl marks from the polishing, they're good enough...and you can actually see your reflection! I have one coat of Sharkhide protectant on the pontoons now, and will get a second coat on by the end of the weekend.

Hopefully, my efforts will last five or six years again!

Back