Sharkskin... pros and cons

Sounds like a good perk for you. Also, have you discussed props with your dealer? Some will try to just throw an aluminum one on there. I made sure my deal included a stainless. Also, did you ever get confirmation on the 10 year warranty?

It was a real nice perk, because I was otherwise adding it on.  Always nice to save a few bucks on one option to then just toss it at another one.   :D   

I did discuss props.  I had read a lot of prop focused posts on here and elsewhere, so it was a big item on my list.  The tough part is I know enough to know it makes a difference, BUT otherwise don't know anything about propping a boat.  However, I verified that its a stainless steel prop, but I neglected to write down the specific brand, size, how they plan to initially prop the boat, etc...  That said, the dealership we are buying through, Spicer's out of Houghton Lake, is supposed to test it and make sure the boat is propped up properly before we get our owners overview, water acclimation, etc...  

As for the 10 year warranty, the dealer said they had literally just got the email about the new 10 year warranty the previous morning from Bennington (the weekend of Dec. 17, 2016).  They pulled up the email for us while we were discussing the boat and the associated warranties before we cut the deal.  Even our sales person said that he was totally surprised as they had not heard anything about this in advance. Great timing for us!  I would think as the boat show season ramps up this winter that the Bennington dealers will be advertising this new change.  10 years bow to stern is fantastic!!!   :)

Great news, but a 10 year warranty does not surprise me.  We're coming up on our 7th season with our Bennington, so I know the quality of Bennington boats first hand.  Shit happens though, and Bennington stands by their product like your boat is the only one they made.  So rare these days.  So like I said, not surprised.  This is certainly fantastic news though, don't get me wrong.  Great peace of mind for new owners.  But, you won't need it.  These boats are NOT made in China. 

Don't forget lifetime below deck. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it's more than "below" deck: 

LIMITED LIFETIME STRUCTURAL WARRANTY

As a Bennington owner, you receive a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the structure, pontoons, gates, channels, motor mount and seat frames. If anything goes wrong, we'll fix it. Season after season, your Bennington will be ready.

I am disappointed in the craftsmanship of the application more than the product itself.  I have swirl marks and splotches where it was not applied consistently.  I am still discussing with dealer, her resistance to agree it was a bad job makes me think they applied it.  She says it is not a permanent coating and can be rubbed off from use.  A trip to Norris Lake in Tn. made the discoloration even worse, different minerals in the water than In Ohio I guess.  There are some pics in my gallery.

It is not permanent .I am having mine redone in the spring .

Yeah, I am taking the Benny back for warranty work soon, I will show her in person and see if it changes her mind.  I hope she will see the lack of care when it was applied and correct it.  Just reapplying it wont remove the discoloration will it?

" She says it is not a permanent coating and can be rubbed off from use." But what kind of response is that?! 

Sounds like a car dealership that ordered the wrong car for you, and states that the car won't last forever. It will eventually wear out, so live with it.  Hmmmm

Yeah, that is what I was feeling.  I sent some pics to Sharkhide and talked to Clint, he agrees, it looks like a poor application.

Back