Shipping & build time for single

AllYearRound

Reaction score
Anyone ordered a Benny cover replacement through a dealer or even outside of a dealer (if even possible)?

Last edited:
Mine was an insurance claim ,I had mine done while in winter storage that year . So I am not really sure about the time frame ,and the busy season is just around the corner . I do know that they "usually" ship on a full load to the dealer when there is room on the truck . Total cost for mine replaced was just over $3500 . If you are getting separate shipment that may explain the shipping cost . Distance from the factory is also something to take into consideration

Mine was an insurance claim ,I had mine done while in winter storage that year . So I am not really sure about the time frame ,and the busy season is just around the corner . I do know that they "usually" ship on a full load to the dealer when there is room on the truck . Total cost for mine replaced was just over $3500 . If you are getting separate shipment that may explain the shipping cost . Distance from the factory is also something to take into Bennington no longer ships with a boat shipment. Still t

Last edited:
Check with your dealer ,perhaps he can make other arrangements with your shipping company

For $2700.00, I’d be taking a day trip to pick it up, myself. :cool:

I was told Bennington won’t sell direct to a boat owner. Have to go direct through a dealer, otherwise I would. If anyone knows different please chime in

That is correct ,you have to go through a dealer .

Not to defend the trucking industry, but a single pontoon still requires a somewhat specialized delivery, most likely a flatbed trailer. Then you have to consider what else they might be able to put with it that is going in approximately the same direction that might lower the cost. You might want to google a trucking company and ask them how much they might charge. I can certainly understand that a car is likely less to transport because they no doubt have a car-hauler that can accommodate six or more, thus driving the cost down. Too bad you can't buy it on Amazon with free next day delivery... :)

Elkhart IN. is the epicenter of Motorhome and Trailer Mfg. There are flat bed trailers delivering raw parts for manufacturing all day long. Independent shipping companies with a dually truck and a trailer are moving finished product out of town constantly.I can not believe that with a little searching that you can get a much more competitive price. Good Luck
TF

Shop other Bennington dealers within 150 miles of you. They are easy to spot on Boattrader.com filtering by distance. There are plenty of dealers out there willing to compete for your business with a fair "out the door" price. And there are dealers receiving full loads of boats from the factory lessening transport prices.

We ordered our 24SLX tri-toon toward the end of May. 2017. We took delivery July 24th. May is rather late to start thinking of ordering a custom boat but the one we had been considering at the Dealer got sold. Bennington has what is called a "hot build" option which expedites the building and shipping of a boat. There are some parameters, for example, if the dealer has already bought boats similar to one you want. Still, we could specify whatever options we wanted on the boat, color schemes, etc. The dealer handles the engines so that is not an issue since they can have an engine ready and mounted pretty much the same day they get the boat. They can also ship boats separately but dealers prefer to order a batch, say one batch a month. Our dealer picked up the shipping costs and had the boat shipped by itself. The boat cost about the same as the one in stock. I don't know what the shipping costs were but apparently there is some room to negotiate else the dealer would not have eaten say $2700. I even volunteered to drive up to IN and pick up the boat but as others have pointed out this is not permitted.
BOAT1.jpg

Looks sharp!

Back