SHO 200 prop on a 24’ SPS

Carlson80

Reaction score
I got my 175 SHO swapped out for the 200 SHO that I ordered with our 24LXSR SPS. I am just curious who has a similar setup and what prop they have? The dealer put a Saltwater seriesII 15.75 x 15T prop on. Just curious if that sounds like an good starting point for a prop? We also do have Sea Legs installed so that does add about 400 lbs of evenly distributed weight. Just curious sitting here, as my baby is in storage until April:( Thanks everyone!!

Last edited:
I admittedly am not familiar with that brand prop personally. However, prop size wise, with the addition of the Sea Legs on your boat, I think it sounds worth at least testing out. Seems like a good starting point.

For comparison: I have a 16p Enertia on my 200 Mercury Verado Pro (i6 w/supercharger) on our 24’ SPS. It was a very good fit and was 5900 RPM’s at WOT, and topped out about 44 mph (loaded lightly, ideal conditions).

Since adding Sea Legs our 3rd year, and with everything else being equal, I have dropped to 5700 RPM’s and about 41 mph at WOT in ideal circumstances, lightly loaded. I feel like I could drop to a 15p with my Enertia and squeeze a bit more out of it, but just not worth the cost for no truly appreciable difference at this point for me.

That Yamaha SW-II 15.75x15 prop is a great starting point for the 4.2L 200 horse, since it appears to be the most commonly fitted prop for that engine according to the Yamaha Performance Bulletins.

That Yamaha SW-II 15.75x15 prop is a great starting point for the 4.2L 200 horse, since it appears to be the most commonly fitted prop for that engine according to the Yamaha Performance Bulletins.
Yeah, sounds about right. However, I suspect the operating weight is going to be well above the bulletin weights...meaning a somewhat lower pitch may be a better fit. Really depends on how the boat will be used and user preference....

Agree with Deja, that should be a "strong" 200 so pitch and diameter shouldnt be an issue out of the gate. I'd actually be surprised if you could even go much higher than 15p-16p. That healthy diameter should give you low-end grunt and great slip numbers. Switch to an Enertia prop and you may lose a little bite and efficiency but pick up a few MPH in return.

Back