ShoreStation GlidePole

Stevenado

Reaction score
Hi, I have a ShoreStation lift with a ToonRail support kit. I’m consideran adding a pair of ShoreStation GlidePoles to provide a little extra protection on the front of the lift. Does anybody with the GlidePoles have any feedback they could share?
Thanks

Hi, I have a ShoreStation lift with a ToonRail support kit. I’m consideran adding a pair of ShoreStation GlidePoles to provide a little extra protection on the front of the lift. Does anybody with the GlidePoles have any feedback they could share?
Thanks
Funny you should ask this question. I bought a new hydraulic ShoreStation recently and it was to include GlidePoles along with the ToonRails. I struggled for many weeks docking my Benny in my interior slip. After searching for answers on this site, I discovered that the GlidePoles were not installed as I had paid for. After contacting the dealer, the issue was handled and the Poles were installed. All I can say is this makes a HUGE difference in docking in a tight place. My slip is an interior one and I need to pass by five vessels on each side (in a very narrow lane) before I can reach my slip. I say spend the few extra hundred bucks and have some extra confidence and peace of mind.

Thanks, this is really helpful. I find that once the center toon is between the rails the boat goes in straight but the last couple feet can be a little scary especially if I’m fighting a cross wind. The last thing I want to do is run the front corner of the boat into one of the lift posts. From the pictures I’ve seen on the internet it looks like the GlidePoles would greatly reduce the chances of this happening and the price isn’t too bad. BTW i updated to a hydraulic lift this summer and it’s been great, really fast and smooth. Thanks again for the advice.

Thanks, this is really helpful. I find that once the center toon is between the rails the boat goes in straight but the last couple feet can be a little scary especially if I’m fighting a cross wind. The last thing I want to do is run the front corner of the boat into one of the lift posts. From the pictures I’ve seen on the internet it looks like the GlidePoles would greatly reduce the chances of this happening and the price isn’t too bad. BTW i updated to a hydraulic lift this summer and it’s been great, really fast and smooth. Thanks again for the advice.
I have to make a 90 degree turn in a very narrow lane to enter my slip. IMO, hydraulic is the only way to go if it fits your budget. I have a lot of neighboring slip owners that are very envious of my lift. It is so fast and effortless. Plus the wireless remote makes a huge difference when you are docking.

Good info, as I have been thinking of upgrading my lift. If you have any pictures of your lift, could you please post? Thanks.

I have the shore station with toon rails (and hydraulic is the best!!) as well, and (I have 2 toons but don’t think it would make a difference) ended up moving the toon rails so there is only about a 2” clearance to the inside of each toon. So it would be impossible for the front of a toon to hit the front post....or the back to hit the back post, because the rails keep you centered. So this may be something to look at as well. I don’t have a tight turn to make so that is something I don’t have to contend with, but if you are concerned about the front of your boat, it may be the toon rails should be spread out a bit more.

I have the shore station with toon rails (and hydraulic is the best!!) as well, and (I have 2 toons but don’t think it would make a difference) ended up moving the toon rails so there is only about a 2” clearance to the inside of each toon. So it would be impossible for the front of a toon to hit the front post....or the back to hit the back post, because the rails keep you centered. So this may be something to look at as well. I don’t have a tight turn to make so that is something I don’t have to contend with, but if you are concerned about the front of your boat, it may be the toon rails should be spread out a bit more.
Yea, I think the difference would be my tight turn. I have a 22 foot Benny, and i bet my lane is no more than 30ft wide. If I miss the right toon rail in strong winds, I'm in deep doo doo.

That is tight. I’d agree the Glidepoles would be the way to go with your situation. Even without being tight turn, I find myself in high winds having to go faster than I like into hoist just to get it in there. Can’t imagine that with a tight turn. So Glidepoles makes sense.

Any pictures? Curious what you are speaking of?
I can only find this pic for now. I need to take more. This picture was taken the day the dealer set-up the lift. The GlidePoles
were not installed at this time. This also gives you a good look at how close the other side of the lane is from the back of my boat.57988713238__7B6544A1-3805-490B-B35A-6F7C1D6A1384.JPG

Thanks.
So when you lower the boat-enough so that all can board the boat-are those side rail guides at about water level?

So it looks like you have guide rails along the outside of the toons as well. Which is probably what Joeb14 is asking about as well. I do not have those. My only thing that aligns me is the toon rails themselves. But more importantly, would the glidepoles even matter if your toons are guided in with those guide rails? It seems that the Glidepoles wouldn’t reach out far enough from a post to get in contact with your boat, as the toons will be bumping up against those guide rails you have before they would hit a Glidepole.

So it looks like you have guide rails along the outside of the toons as well. Which is probably what Joeb14 is asking about as well. I do not have those. My only thing that aligns me is the toon rails themselves. But more importantly, would the glidepoles even matter if your toons are guided in with those guide rails? It seems that the Glidepoles wouldn’t reach out far enough from a post to get in contact with your boat, as the toons will be bumping up against those guide rails you have before they would hit a Glidepole.
They do protect the boat from hitting the steel upright poles.

I live 30minutes from their HQ and factory. I know of the upper management there. Are you talking about the #4) Post Load Guides? My dad has those on his lift for his Cobalt. They are spring loaded and are one of my favorite features. Not sure they would need to be spring loaded for a pontoon though. upload_2019-8-14_8-55-54.png

I live 30minutes from their HQ and factory. I know of the upper management there. Are you talking about the #4) Post Load Guides? My dad has those on his lift for his Cobalt. They are spring loaded and are one of my favorite features. Not sure they would need to be spring loaded for a pontoon though. View attachment 25705
Mine are not spring loaded. The main function of mine is to keep me from hitting the steel uprights while entering the slip in high winds and/or rough water. As I have stated before, I dont have much wiggle room when docking.

Back