Should aluminum side panels be riveted to railing?

dmc308

Reaction score
I have a 2018 23RSB (original owner) and just noticed yesterday day as the sun was hitting the starboard side, that the aluminum side skin had a little bit of wave to it and doesn’t appear to be attached to fencing. Port side skin appears to be attached with rivets, but starboard side only has a few at back of panel behind driver seat. Is this normal or should there be rivets on full length of starboard side?

Do you have any pics ? I dont recall any rivets on my 2014 RCW

Last edited:
Rivets would be extremely unsightly, and much better suited to the third world off-brand pontoons.

Here’s a picture of the small connectors on the panel behind the drivers seat. They attach through the aluminum to the back of the fencing. Not really rivets, but the panel is attached to the fencing there but not on the remainder of the starboard side.

Attachments

• 4AC5B6EA-DB61-4761-9D4B-77833363D539.jpeg
    4AC5B6EA-DB61-4761-9D4B-77833363D539.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 51
Im getting mine out of storage today ,Ill take a look at mine . Ive never seen anything like that .

Last edited:
Here’s a picture of the small connectors on the panel behind the drivers seat. They attach through the aluminum to the back of the fencing. Not really rivets, but the panel is attached to the fencing there but not on the remainder of the starboard side.
WTH?!? They put a rivet in the middle of the panel? No way is it supposed to be like that!

I’m wondering if dealer did that. Panels are dbl. sided taped to rails. I’ve seen some panels come loose from tape and rattle. I’m wondering if dealer “fixed“ it by doing that.

I launched mine yesterday ,no rivets on the panels .

Credit to the dealer - better to have a pop rivet than some kid schmearing some caulk all over the place. On the scale of half-azzed jobs I've seen way worse!

Maybe send a pic to Bennington and tell them their rivets fell out. Once they have that WTH moment hopefully it'll get straightened out.

Dab the head with black marker and let it go. Better than a panel rattling.

Back