Should this be a warranty item

The Hillbilly Barge

Reaction score
Pulled our boat about 50 miles or so and when we arrived we noticed the panel in the front door was pushed out of the door frame, I was able to pop it back into place with no damage to the panel but it isn't secure and will happen again, I thought about properly positioning it and running a bead of clear silicone around the edges but not sure how to handle it really.

Got pics?!?

Never heard of that happening before.

Depending on year ,if you are the original owner and registered ( in the past you had to register ) ,I would say yes .

I would still check with the dealer, only 1 year old it should be covered

Did you transfer the warranty when you bought the boat? I am pretty certain for like $50 you can do that through a dealership at time of purchase. That said, with it being a 2020, I have to believe you can get it taken care of via warranty. Keep us posted. Good luck!!!

If you are the second owner, I would definitely transfer the warranty. It only took my dealer a few minutes and Bennington confirmed completion within another 20 mins..

They would have had you sign a form either electronically or in person. If that did not happen, I would call your dealer and inquire. Its a pretty quick form so you may not even have noticed it. Have you boat id handy and they will be able to look it up pretty quick..

Echoing Superphil69, it probably happened and didn’t register. If you remember the dealer was supposed to do it when you bought it, it is probably because they had you sign off on the form as part of the purchase process. Just follow up with them. I hope/think you’ll get it all taken care of with minimal fuss.

For this reason, I always tow my boat with both gates open. First few times, I noticed the panel being stressed from the highway speeds. Didn’t want to chance it any longer.

Should be under warranty but a new door is about $250 from Bennington if it is not, so it’s not a high dollar item. Best of luck.

For this reason, I always tow my boat with both gates open. First few times, I noticed the panel being stressed from the highway speeds. Didn’t want to chance it any longer.
Did you put a stopper in so the door stays open? Do you just wedge something in there? Just curious what the best way to do it is since I will be trailering my new boat. Thanks!

Lakelife, I installed a strap with snap for the rear gate since the deck anchoring devise didn’t hold it well. The front gate is being held open by the generic slot type that allows you to lift the gate and drop it in the catch. It works great on the front with the gate opening to the inside.

Did you transfer the warranty when you bought the boat? I am pretty certain for like $50 you can do that through a dealership at time of purchase. That said, with it being a 2020, I have to believe you can get it taken care of via warranty. Keep us posted. Good luck!!!
The warranty transfer for my Bennington and the y e s warranty for my Yamaha motor were all free. All I had to do was call in and ask the dealership to do it.

The warranty transfer for my Bennington and the y e s warranty for my Yamaha motor were all free. All I had to do was call in and ask the dealership to do it.
Nice! Always great when things work the way they should. Glad you are getting taken care of.

Back