Side steering a pontoon, anyone ever tried something like this?

Hey BigKahuna,
I'm incredibly sorry for this late reply. Our DROP program "was" 5 years. I say was because, as stated, the City decided that the benefits of the DROP program, specifically the part that keeps senior, well seasoned vets around for longer periods so they don't have to hire and train new and lazy people, was not a good enough benefit vs cost for them. They've had that stab them in the back several times over ever since they nixed the DROP. Then there was the fact that like M Jay Farr stated below, the city also benefitted from not paying into each individual retirement account when a person entered the DROP. Apparently that MASSIVE savings wasn't of interest to the city comptrollers or council members. Well, that too has backfired SEVERELY on that city.

There are some citys/county governments etc. that are run by competent people and have forward thinking abilities. Where I retired from, none of that existed and doesn't exist today.

As for my length of tour in the DROP, 4.9 years.
Scott

M Jay Farr,
Concerning the statement "It seems that some don't undertand that once in the Drop......" As stated above, yes, where I retired from, there were (and still are) so many city officials, council members, comptrollers etc. that simply refused to fully understand all the immediate as well as the future benefits of the DROP. All those benefits were explained to all those officials multiple times IN DETAIL and they still refused to acknowledge them. Oh well, that program did drastically augment the retirement income of all us retirees that participated in it, at least for a given/chosen amount of time.
Scott

P.S. Still contemplating the procurement of the Side shift system.
Scott
Thx Scott! Hope all is well!

Back