SIMRAD G05

Airlifter

Reaction score
As season 2 draws closer, I need so help with operating the Simrad G05. Is there a way for it to save the last display setup from the previous outing. When I return to the boat for the next trip the Simrad reboots like its day 1. It will also change feet to meters and mph to knots. Sometimes the light display will go so dark in daylight you can't see it to operate. The manual is not detailed enough for my liking. I would like to increase my knowledge in consistent operation. Much appreciated.

Do you have your settings saved in the menus? I'm 99.9% sure my settings stay and I have a master battery switch so there's no trickle power. Look through this if you haven't already.
ftp://software.simrad-yachting.com/documents/GO-XSE_EN_IM_988-11093-003_20th%20July.pdf

Weird. I know for certain mine saved everything automatically. I too have dual batteries with a master switch, and would turn both off (no trickle power) when done boating. I am certain I did not enable anything in settings to save information...it just did it on its own. I am wondering if you have a defective unit.

As season 2 draws closer, I need so help with operating the Simrad G05. Is there a way for it to save the last display setup from the previous outing. When I return to the boat for the next trip the Simrad reboots like its day 1. It will also change feet to meters and mph to knots. Sometimes the light display will go so dark in daylight you can't see it to operate. The manual is not detailed enough for my liking. I would like to increase my knowledge in consistent operation. Much appreciated.
Mine did the same resetting to meters, celsius and knots all the time. I didn't really get a chance to use it and experiment with it since we just got our boat in late august. I too found the manual not to be helpful! Was planning on taking it back to the dealer this summer if I couldn't get it to work correctly. Actually they came out and reset it once when they came out to fix a stuck bilge pump that first weekend we had the boat. Also had to replace the KCM10 already due to defect.

Back