SIMRAD GO 7 Sun Cover

RangerMTB5

Reaction score
Over the weekend, I saw another Benningon docked with a white sun cover on the simrad. My boat did not come with one. Wondering if I need one and do they fit with the flush mounted SIMRADs? Boat is stored all summer in a slip, with the cover on it.

I have the same white cover and have not used during the season and I also have a cover on my pontoon while not in use. I do put it on during winter storage. It fits very flush with the sides of the screen and it is a pain to take off IMO.

I have the same white cover and have not used during the season and I also have a cover on my pontoon while not in use. I do put it on during winter storage. It fits very flush with the sides of the screen and it is a pain to take off IMO.
I too have a Simrad GO7 on my 2020 23RFBA, but it did not come with a cover so I complained to the dealer who then ordered me one. I agree it is a pain to remove... matter of fact, just today it tripped of the GO7 surround trim while removing it. Grrrrr.

I have the GO5 with white cover. I almost always put it on at the end of the day when covering the boat. I guess I never found it to be an issue taking it off and putting it on. Just clips on and off. I like the idea of keeping a protective plastic covered on it.

I have the GO9, did not get a sun cover with the boat but ordered one from Simrad. It fits mine perfectly and is very easy to take on or off. I throw it in the helm pocket when we go out.

I have a flush mounted GO7 and did not get a cover. I tried a cover, but the the sun shield on the dash was too close to the GO7 to put on.

I too have a Simrad GO7 on my 2020 23RFBA, but it did not come with a cover so I complained to the dealer who then ordered me one. I agree it is a pain to remove... matter of fact, just today it tripped of the GO7 surround trim while removing it. Grrrrr.
Just realized mine is actually a GO9 with a hard to remove cover. I have to push it to the side to be able to pop it off and even then it is tight. I need to look tomorrow to see if I broke the surround trim locking tabs.

I have the GO9, did not get a sun cover with the boat but ordered one from Simrad. It fits mine perfectly and is very easy to take on or off. I throw it in the helm pocket when we go out.
Do you have to do anything special to pop your cover off?

My wife can get the cover released easier than I can. She has smaller fingers that work better with the recessed Simrad in the dash. Given that I cover the pontoon while not in use, the additional Simrad cover doesn't seem to offer much protection IMO.

Ok, thanks for the info all. I may try to see if I can borrow one locally and check the fit before I purchase. Or, buy and return.

Can you post a pic of how its mounted... Im picking up a 2016 2575 QCW and it has the 3 gauge cluster and I would like to swap it for a Simrad Go7 or 9. I called Bennington this morning and they said they can order me the replacement dash with the Go7 cutout, but I didnt ask about the Go9.

Thanks

Just realized mine is actually a GO9 with a hard to remove cover. I have to push it to the side to be able to pop it off and even then it is tight. I need to look tomorrow to see if I broke the surround trim locking tabs.

Hey PR, I just asked Marantzer if he could share a pic of his Go9 and where its mounted, can you share some pics too...

Thanks

Hey PR, I just asked Marantzer if he could share a pic of his Go9 and where its mounted, can you share some pics too...

Thanks
All I have is a pic from a distance; I can take one in a week when I'm back at the lake house. Not sure if the dash of a 2016 2575 QCW is dimensional similar ta a 2020 23RFBA. There is quite a bit of space around mine.
IMG_4721.JPG

All I have is a pic from a distance; I can take one in a week when I'm back at the lake house. Not sure if the dash of a 2016 2575 QCW is dimensional similar ta a 2020 23RFBA. There is quite a bit of space around mine.
View attachment 27667

Yah we have slightly different dashes, we just bought it and we pick it up Sunday in Texas. Flying out Saturday to see it and tow it back to AZ. We came from a cat speedboat, and I’m all about digital. Had a Raymarine 9” Multi-Function in the dash tied to motors and stereo and all the gauges. I’d like to get rid of the 3 gauge cluster and replace it with a digital screen. I called Bennington this morning and they gave me the part number for the SiMrad Go7 flush mount dash replacement. I’m reading that people Re putting the Go7 in the middle and putting the Go5 on the side pocket as a supplement/Slave, which I’m fine with, but man if I can go 9”, that would be better. I don’t think the 9 will work with my dash setup though...

I also don’t know yet if those are Merc Smart Craft gauges or not, and if they are, if I still need the Vessel View Link for the Merc 8.2HO that’s in it or if the gauges are already on a NMEA backbone and I just have to tie the SiMrad into an existing NMEA network...

Attachments

• A3455756-8E37-472B-ADC2-F13E6A3AA2FB.png
    A3455756-8E37-472B-ADC2-F13E6A3AA2FB.png
    408.7 KB · Views: 32
Can you post a pic of how its mounted... Im picking up a 2016 2575 QCW and it has the 3 gauge cluster and I would like to swap it for a Simrad Go7 or 9. I called Bennington this morning and they said they can order me the replacement dash with the Go7 cutout, but I didnt ask about the Go9.

Thanks

I’ll take some pictures this weekend if we go to the lake. The shape of the panel looks pretty similar, but the materials are slightly different. I also floated the idea of the GO5 on the right, i measured to see if I might be able to squeeze a GO7 in there but it’s probably 1/4” too narrow. I read something where the GO5 lacked some capability to interface with the GO9/GO7. Do you have some examples of it working?

Here is a Go 9 on a 2020 QCW

20200706_125856.jpg20200706_125900.jpg20200706_125907.jpg

Thanks Jack... I wonder if they have the Dash for a 9"... Looking at our dashes, the 2016 is definitely wider across the middle, and your pocket on the right where most can only fit a Go5, looks like it will fit a Go7 easily....

I really like the 9" and I dont even know if I could surface mount it over the 7" hole of the new dash... I even asked the guy for a blank, he said theyve tried and it just doesnt work... LOL

I’ll take some pictures this weekend if we go to the lake. The shape of the panel looks pretty similar, but the materials are slightly different. I also floated the idea of the GO5 on the right, i measured to see if I might be able to squeeze a GO7 in there but it’s probably 1/4” too narrow. I read something where the GO5 lacked some capability to interface with the GO9/GO7. Do you have some examples of it working?

So, Im definitely not the Simrad expert, I do have electronics exp and working with my Raymarine and multiple screens and setup with various pieces. With that said, I have read that the go5 does not have the radar capabilities as the 7 and up.

When you would setup a Raymarine, you setup a primary, and ever other screen was considered a slave. I had a 9" and a i70 instrument display configured. the i70 was a slave. Basically back to the IDE hard drive days when you would have to set jumpers on the hard drives for master and slave.

I havent read up on the Simrad, but I would guess that there has some be some similarities related to the both as far as configuration. The boats I have come from, they are putting these 5" screens into the headrests of captain and co-captain chaires for the back seat passengers for SOG so they can see how fast they are going from the back seat....

Back