SIMRAD GO 7 Sun Cover

I dont know why you could not surface mount it ,very little is on the inside of my helm . In my area West Marine is the go to place for Simrad https://www.westmarine.com/

Well, worst case is im out $199 for the SImrad go7 dash from Bennington... LOL

Only other option would be to find someone who has a Go7 dash like mine and try to compare and see if its possible to mount a go9 over the cutout...

Any Takers?? LOL

Just tried different techniques and found pressing the face in with my thumbs while pulling edges away from dash (essentially bending it) and it pops right off! Thanks for the help.

Ha - I took some pictures and video a few days ago and just got around to posting them. Oh well, for posterity's sake: IMG_1035 by Will, on Flickr

Also some pictures of the R23 helm, I agree that the shape of the center part of the helm that the GO9 mounts to looks different than Headshothilks helm, maybe they're interchangeable?
IMG_1033.jpg
IMG_1032.jpg

See, that looks differ than mine. My simrad is nearly flush with the dash, making that cover seem difficult to use, yours appears to be sticking out some?

Attachments

• IMG_7617.jpg
    IMG_7617.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 20
See, that looks differ than mine. My simrad is nearly flush with the dash, making that cover seem difficult to use, yours appears to be sticking out some?
My dash is like yours. I just ordered another cover from Amazon to see if it will. The first one was too big. I think if I get the right one it will be too tight of a fit on the top side so I might trim it to fit. If it doesn't fit, I can ship it back to Amazon at no charge.

My dash is like yours. I just ordered another cover from Amazon to see if it will. The first one was too big. I think if I get the right one it will be too tight of a fit on the top side so I might trim it to fit. If it doesn't fit, I can ship it back to Amazon at no charge.

Let me know how it works out.

Let me know how it works out.
It will not fit. Even if I trimmed the top edge to fit under the dash shade, the Simrad cover is too wide and too thick to fit in the recessed mount.

Attachments

• Simrad Cover Part Number.jpg
    Simrad Cover Part Number.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Simrad Cover.jpg
    Simrad Cover.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 10
Could you cut a silicone mat to size and just lay it on it when needed?

It will not fit. Even if I trimmed the top edge to fit under the dash shade, the Simrad cover is too wide and too thick to fit in the recessed mount.

Wow, that's large. Ok, thanks for trying!

Would a white static cling sign/decal work?

Okay, rbtnt’s idea sounds simple and brilliant. I’d give that a try if I were you.

Last edited:
Attached are a couple of pictures of my dash. Very tough to get my cover off given that monitor is sunken into the dash. Thus, I just leave it off. The boat is covered when not in use.

Attachments

• Dash 1.jpg
    Dash 1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 18
A local sign shop gave me a sample piece of static cling to try. The only colors they have are white and clear. It looks like it will stay on while under way if I wanted. When not in use you could cling it to the helm under the steering wheel. They said they could color it for ~$20. I'm going to try it for a few days and if I works out, I will get a piece colored to match the gray/silver of the sun shade or the Kicker radio cover.Simrad Sample Static Cling Cover.jpg

Back