Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Simrad GO5 XSE Intermittent resetting

Discussion in 'Dock Talk' started by Chris A, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Chris A

Chris A Well-Known Member

Has anyone else had their Simrad unit occasionally power down on its own and then restart? Mine does this intermittently while sitting still and cruising with no regular pattern. My boat is new, so I'll have the dealer look at it when I take it in for the 20 hour service, but just checking to see if anyone else has had this happen. I sent a question to Simrad on Monday, but they have not responded. I confirmed that I have the latest software update. Here's what I think is strange...When I turn the boat's power on, I have to push the power button on the Simrad to power it on. When it resets, it powers down AND powers up by itself. So I think it's an internal issue with the unit and not a power interruption in the wiring. Any ideas? Thanks -

2. steven harp

steven harp Active Member

I had the same problem. Random shutting off or not turning on, them coming on later. They had to replace it under warranty.

Chris A likes this.
  3. Vikingstaff

Vikingstaff Well-Known Member

I’ve never had that issue in our 2 years with our unit. Other than one other person on here recently, I have not heard of others experiencing it either.

4. Alicedream

Alicedream Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem and replaced the fuse connection and no issue after that.

Chris A and Vikingstaff like this.
  5. Chris A

Chris A Well-Known Member

Did you replace the fuse, or what exactly?...I'm not quite understanding.

6. Alicedream

Alicedream Well-Known Member

I did not explain well. An electrician friend mine replaced the device that the fuse goes in that is on wire for GO5. He called it a bad fuse connector. Hope that helps.

Chris A likes this.
  7. Dunn

Dunn Well-Known Member

If I ever hit a big enough wake or bump my G05 screen will turn off...I think there is a loose ground or power wire, but it rarely happens anymore that I don't stress it...