Simrad Go7 with DEC

We have the GO5. I like how it's fully customizable. You can set up your screen with the features you want to see instantly. We haven't used the Chartplotter or fishfinder function. We pretty much know our lake and don't fish but it's there if we ever need it. The only thing I don't like about it is that it stops reading the depth at about 18 mph.......Screenshot_20201026-082337.png

Hey BigKahuna, I see your Go5 displays water temp. I customized my Go9 to display that but only get dashes (similar to your fuel level). Did you have to do anything special?

Also, have you tried to reposition you transponder to help with higher speed depth readings? As I mentioned in previous posts, I can read near 50mph without issues.

Hey BigKahuna, I see your Go5 displays water temp. I customized my Go9 to display that but only get dashes (similar to your fuel level). Did you have to do anything special?

Also, have you tried to reposition you transponder to help with higher speed depth readings? As I mentioned in previous posts, I can read near 50mph without issues.
Since that pic the dealer installed a fuel sending unit compatible with Simrad so now the fuel gauge is fully operational. Until then we read the analog fuel gauge on the dash. Like I was telling Vikingstaff I moved the transducer multiple times this past summer with the same results. It stops reading around 18 mph. When you have the chance can you send a pic showing me where your transducer is positioned? Does it sit below the surface of the pontoon itself? I'm going to play around with it next summer. Drives my wife nuts! Also didn't do anything special to make the water temp feature work. Just selected it from the menu and placed it in that spot......

We haven't used the Chartplotter or fishfinder function.

I call false advertising on fish finder :D ... you can barely see them ...
The charting is nice ... I’m amazed how many loops we’ve made on our lake.
I wish the “alarm” was louder.You can barely hear it. We use it for shallow alarm.

Since that pic the dealer installed a fuel sending unit compatible with Simrad so now the fuel gauge is fully operational. Until then we read the analog fuel gauge on the dash. Like I was telling Vikingstaff I moved the transducer multiple times this past summer with the same results. It stops reading around 18 mph. When you have the chance can you send a pic showing me where your transducer is positioned? Does it sit below the surface of the pontoon itself? I'm going to play around with it next summer. Drives my wife nuts! Also didn't do anything special to make the water temp feature work. Just selected it from the menu and placed it in that spot......
I have a couple pics in post https://club.benningtonmarine.com/t...reading-intermittent.10014/page-2#post-144065.

This is with an ESP, if that make a difference. You can see from the side view it is not super low. I wish I'd captured the rear of the toon, but you can at least see the box/bracket welded to the toon.

I have a couple pics in post https://club.benningtonmarine.com/t...reading-intermittent.10014/page-2#post-144065.

This is with an ESP, if that make a difference. You can see from the side view it is not super low. I wish I'd captured the rear of the toon, but you can at least see the box/bracket welded to the toon.
Thanks PR appreciate the pics. This pic of our transducer is one of the multiple positions it has been in this summer all with the same results. I'll just have to play around with it next spring ......Screenshot_20201029-083715.png

Thanks PR appreciate the pics. This pic of our transducer is one of the multiple positions it has been in this summer all with the same results. I just have to play around with it next spring ......
Looks as if your transducer cable protector may be looping down lower than mine [which is tucked in close]. Wonder if that may be creating turbulence near the transducer, especially given it is larger and corrugated. Hard to tell from the pic.

The transducer angle is jacked up - should be level. Not sure if that was already attempted and still didn’t work.

B5F0874F-8378-40E2-9EEC-30AA4A8EF668.jpeg
Also is there some sort of “block” that is bolted in front of the transducer on the bracket? That could be causing turbulence in the water or interfere with the signal.

144A3C0A-269C-4DE6-A51E-E544FB691210.jpeg

The transducer angle is jacked up - should be level. Not sure if that was already attempted and still didn’t work.

View attachment 28187
Also is there some sort of “block” that is bolted in front of the transducer on the bracket? That could be causing turbulence in the water or interfere with the signal.

View attachment 28188
Potomac I have had this transducer in so many different angles it's not funny! It was positioned flat to begin with but I have been experimenting with different angles to see if I can get it to to read past 18mph. My wife said to leave it alone before nothing works! That "block" in the pic is one of 4 sacrificial anodes I have in the back. Maybe I can remove that one to see if it makes a difference. You've got good eyes!

Oh lord yes that will “blow your flow”. Just flip the anode on the inside of the bracket and use a smooth carriage bolt type head to minimize any flow disruption. Lower the transducer to flush or slightly lower than bottom of the running tube.

Will that work? Don’t know for sure, but absolutely clean water is needed for optimum performance. It’s possible there is something else on your wetted surface that is not allowing smooth, unaerated water at your transducer. But that anode would be the first thing I tackle. Then try some of the settings on the depth finder such as gain and different frequencies if they exist. Keep the faith, the equipment itself can do what you want it to, it’s the boat that is screwing the signal up. It might take a lot of trial and error but you’ll get there!

Good luck!

Oh lord yes that will “blow your flow”. Just flip the anode on the inside of the bracket and use a smooth carriage bolt type head to minimize any flow disruption. Lower the transducer to flush or slightly lower than bottom of the running tube.

Will that work? Don’t know for sure, but absolutely clean water is needed for optimum performance. It’s possible there is something else on your wetted surface that is not allowing smooth, unaerated water at your transducer. But that anode would be the first thing I tackle. Then try some of the settings on the depth finder such as gain and different frequencies if they exist. Keep the faith, the equipment itself can do what you want it to, it’s the boat that is screwing the signal up. It might take a lot of trial and error but you’ll get there!

Good luck!
Thanks never even remotely even thought of that. All of my anodes are being changed over the winter. Apparently I have saltwater anodes and I need to have ones for freshwater. That will be my next thread after I do more research......

Back