Simrad power flickering

Crobby

Reaction score
prior to posting searched on here for similar experience and think understanding the issue but wanted to post in my “own words” this issue. Simrad unit functions fine when powering up but hitting a wake it powers off then resets requiring me to reach (interrupting my usual very relaxed position) to hit ”accept“ and keep on going. normally it requires hitting a bigger wake but sometimes it may be just a small one while a larger one won’t trigger the reset. It’s very annoying. Dealer has attempted to fix once with the obvious tightening of the connections. Yesterday prior to a boat ride I detached and reconnected, even wrapped electrical tape to help strength connection—no luck.

Issues:

1) connection on back and apparently what should be a simple fix I failed in fixing. Dealer has attempted once as well.
2) saw where someone said something on this board about similar issue mentioning bad fuse—clueless as to what this means
3) connection wire just bad and new one might be the fix?
4) cntrl alt delete and have dealer warranty with a new one

btw, it’s a 2016 SX Premium with Yammy 2 Hundy

I hate electrical issues, maybe more than tracing vacuum.

Start on one side of the circuit and work towards the other testing as you go along. I personally would start at the unit since presumably everything else is not bumping on the wake. Try giving it a tap when sitting idle - no issues, move towards the harness. Give that a tap or jiggle, no issues move to the inline fuse or terminal bus. Wash rinse repeat until a tap simulates your issue.
Other things could be affected but aren’t as sensitive to voltage blips as your Simrad.

100% guarantee it will be something asinine and take 3 seconds to address.

Good luck!

Have them remove EVERYTHING then have them install another unit in its entirety.

Could be something loose inside the Simrad that you can't see. Maybe the dealer can let you borrow another one to narrow it down and see if it's the Simrad or all the connecting wiring.

When I had this problem. It was the fuse holder which on the wiring the simrad that was bad. Replaced the holder and everything worked fine after that.

Back