SimTex cleaning on 2017 Bennington

Onthewater

Reaction score
I searched this site and found two different answers on cleaning the SimTex fabric so wondering if somebody can clear this up with actual experience.   We have a new 2017 24' SSBXP with the SimTex fabric.  I always keep our boats covered when not in use but the other weekend I found bug stains between where the seats and cover touch after uncovering the boat.  I see that some people say to use 303 cleaner and others to use Fantastic or 409 to get the stains out.  Which is best???  I only have experience with the vinyl on our old 2000 Bennington.

Me, too!

When I click on the Benntex care card it tells me that I don't have access to the page.......

Can't access either. 

Weird .... works for me. I'm using a iPad. 

Works on my phone, here's the link again 

Same issues for me, and I have had this problem when these links were posted to other peoples similar SimTex care questions.  I am using an I-Pad, and get an error message about not having access.

That said, we did a fabric protection program through our dealer when we bought our new SXP.  Still not sure if that was a waste of money or not. However, at least with that protection on the fabric, they said we should use water and a small amount of dishsoap.  For us, any clearners will apparently take off the fabric protection.  

Just posting this as an FYI in case others have some kind of fabric protection, and then they too might want to avoid using any actual spray cleaners.

This is the best I could do with copy and paste.

proudly introduces
a new luxurious outdoor upholstery with a textile feel.  Developed with an exclusive process that creates a refined dimensional texture, giving it the look and feel of a high-end textile. Plus, it has all the benefits of an outdoor marine grade vinyl upholstery. With its industry leading High-Loft2   backing and Permablok3   topcoating system,  BENNTEXX   is extremely durable and easy to maintain.
When cleaning this product, a soft bristle brush may be necessary because of the fine texture. A stiff bristle brush will not be as effective since it cannot penetrate the subtleties of the emboss.             DO NOT OVER SCRUB! Step 1: Remove excess spill with a damp    microfiber cloth. Clean with a 1:1    mix of Ivory  soap and water.    Next, rinse with clean water and    dry. IF NOT CLEAN, PROCEED TO STEP 2 ON REVERSE SIDE!

GENERAL CLEANING & CARE DIRECTIONS
Always remove stains immediately. Upholstery must be kept CLEAN!
®
®
®

FOR TOUGH STAINS
The information published in this care guide refers to the performance of PERMABLOK3   products in specific tests conducted under laboratory conditions.  Results may vary under actual conditions.  This information is not a guarantee and does not relieve the user from the responsibility of the proper and safe use of the product and all cleaning agents.  The use of certain agents can be harmful to the surface appearance and lifespan of vinyl. Spradling, its agents, and assigns assume no responsibility resulting from the use of such cleaning agents to the vinyl.  Certain clothing and accessory dyes (such as those used on denim jeans) may migrate to lighter colors. This phenomenon is increased by humidity and temperature and is irreversible. Spradling will not assume responsibility for dye transfer caused by external contaminants. Please check compatibility when using this product in combination with painted or varnished surfaces.
Failure to care for your vinyl properly, or use of improper cleaners, may void your warranty & damage your vinyl!
Certain household cleaners, powdered abrasives, steel wool, and industrial cleaners can cause damage and discoloration and are not recommended. Dry cleaning fluids and lacquer solvents should not be used as they will remove printed pattern and gloss.  Waxes should be used with caution as many contain dyes or solvents that can permanently damage the protective coating. Suntan lotion, tree pollen, wet leaves, and some other products can contain dyes that stain permanently.
 Do not clean with pressure washers, as they can generate 3500 PSI and could damage the surface of your interior.  Do not use kerosene, gasoline, or acetone, as they will remove the protective marine top coat.  Do not use any silicone-based protectants.  They will extract the plasticizer, leaving vinyl hard and brittle, and eventually cracking will occur.
Step 2: Use a straight application of   concentrated cleaners such as           Formula 409  or Fantastik  spray   cleaner. Wipe with a clean cloth,   rinse with water and dry.    IF NOT CLEAN, PROCEED TO STEP 3.
Step 3: Use a 1:1 mix of ammonia and           water, or a 1:4 mix of bleach and           water. Rinse with clean water and           dry.    IF NOT CLEAN, PROCEED TO STEP 4.
Step 4: Use a 1:1 mix of isopropyl alcohol           and water. If the stain persists, use            straight alcohol. Rinse thoroughly           with clean water and pat dry. Note: For cleaning that requires step 4, use a soft cotton cloth saturated with the cleaning material and rub the stain in circles 10 times. Pat dry with another soft cotton cloth and check the results.  Never use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or Magic Erasers  . Do not use pressure washers!

Thanks and yes I'm using an IPAD.......

Back