Simtex vinyl

Jenks

Reaction score
I know this topic has been discussed before but I can't seem to find an answer. My new 21 Slxp has simtex pillow top furniture. I have found cleaning instructions but nowhere about whether you can use 303 protectant. My dealer doesn't know , tried contacting Bennington but no response yet. Does anyone know if there is a protectant that should be used?

I have continued to use 303.

Based on advice from my dealer I am not using protectant.  I never used protectant on my first Bennington and seats looked like new after 10 years. I keep it covered all the time and have a covered slip. I keep them clean. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received this response from the manufacturer

Hello & good morning Robert:

Thank you for contacting Spradling International Marine in regard to the cleaning and care of your pontoon. 

We do have a resource section available on our website, which outlines cleaning and care of vinyl upholstery.  This resource will provide detail as to our recommended cleaners.

https://spradlingvinyl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Approved-Cleaners-SIM.pdf

https://spradlingvinyl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Boat-Owner-Rec-SIM-2016.pdf

Due to the nature of our vinyl, a protectant is not required for care of our products. 

Warm regards,

CRYSTAL SNIDER

SPRADLING INTERNATIONAL MARINE, INC.

3415 ROGER B. CHAFFEE MEMORIAL DRIVE, SUITE 203 | GRAND RAPIDS MI 49548
800.967.7753 | crystal@spradlingvinyl.com

After years of using 303 on my older Bennie it's tough to not continue the practice. So just to confirm are any of you with the newer furniture still using 303 or not.  I wonder if it is harmful to the simtex.

After years of using 303 on my older Bennie it's tough to not continue the practice. So just to confirm are any of you with the newer furniture still using 303 or not.  I wonder if it is harmful to the simtex.

I have decided not to use. I am finding the seats clean easy without a bristle brush.

Robert,

I apologize about the delay. I forwarded your email onto our supplier and there is a clear coat protectant already applied to the vinyl during manufacturing. Additional protectant is not necessary. Thanks,

Mandalynn Tardi

Warranty Administrator

From: Bennington Marine [mailto:bennington.marine@eoscpq.com
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 12:34 PM
To: Mandalynn Tardi
Subject: Bennington - Need Assistance Submission

A Request has been submitted via BenningtonMarine.com for Assistance by:
Name: Robert Jenkins
Address
Phone
Email: Rjenkins53@gmail.com

Comment/Question: Just took delivery of 2017 , 21SLXP that has simtex upholstry. Found the cleaning instructions but nowhere does it say if you can use 303 protectant. Is there some protectant that should be used?

As hard as it may be to change old habits I guess I'll stop using the 303 protectant.

As hard as it may be to change old habits I guess I'll stop using the 303 protectant.

But as I read it on Simtex website, 303 cleaner is at the top of the list for cleaning. I guess 303 has a whole line of products maybe.

But as I read it on Simtex website, 303 cleaner is at the top of the list for cleaning. I guess 303 has a whole line of products maybe.

Yes they do .I use their cleaner ,aerospace protectant ,and fabric guard

H2GO, noticed you have the Champagne with Smokey Granite Accent, about to pull the trigger on R25RSB and I was learning about Simtex - I was unsure. Anyway, new to site and wondered if you have some exterior photos of you color combo, we are considering the same combo or possibly White/Smokey Granite if anyone has photos. Here is my email... not sure how this works yet. dvanhoof@new.rr.com Thanks, Dave

H2GO, noticed you have the Champagne with Smokey Granite Accent, about to pull the trigger on R25RSB and I was learning about Simtex - I was unsure. Anyway, new to site and wondered if you have some exterior photos of you color combo, we are considering the same combo or possibly White/Smokey Granite if anyone has photos. Here is my email... not sure how this works yet. dvanhoof@new.rr.com Thanks, Dave
Dave just sent a few pics your way. We like the combination of colors.

Back