Since this happened at a dock.....

Spoiledrotten

Reaction score
I'll have to say that I got just the least little bit angry, this afternoon. The little wife and I were out on the toon. We eased up to the dock of a local restaurant on the waterfront. The majority of their business probably comes from the water side. They have lots of parking for the boat business. Well, I went inside while Kelly waited in the boat. After a few seconds she heard someone say "oh s$&1" several times. When she looked up this guy was in our boat, bending over the seat, doing something. I got back to the boat while he was just stepping off. He looked at me and said I'm so sorry. I was standing up there smoking, and flicked my cigarette out, and it landed on your seat. He was a server, cook, or something there at the restaurant. That careless idiot got a tongue lashing from me. Our boat is only a few months old, right at 100 hrs on it. We don't allow smoking on the boat, and then this idiot that I don't even know, thumps a stinking cigarette out where he knows boats are tied. I told him to go get his boss. I'll bet that was a long walk.

People don't think or respect other people's property. Was there any burn marks or damage anywhere? 

What did his boss say?!?

Luckily he didn't put a burn mark on your seat

I'd be pissed if that happened to me. I wish there was a deposit on cigarette butts like pop cans and bottles. $.10 here in mi. I can't stand people just throwing them everywhere. 

It did burn the seat. We were very lucky that my wife was sitting in the boat while I went in. I guarantee you that he would have disappeared back into the kitchen like nothing happened if he hadn't seen someone in the boat. 

When I got through tongue lashing him, I told him to go get his boss. The general manager showed up, looked at the burned seat, and told me to go get it fixed and he would be responsible for the cost. He was a very polite guy, and I was very polite to him in return. I told him that I wanted it in writing, so he left and typed up a note with his business card stapled to it. This morning, I'm going to have the dealer order me a new seat to replace that one.

F532596A-A9B4-4798-96D3-4B2CEDAB8EDE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're absolutely right, if your wife wasn't there to see it ...

The good news is, though it's certainly an aggravation, it can be remedied fairly easily. With such a new boat it'll match just fine.

Glad they are taking care of it. My wife bought some paint at home depot a few years back. they mixed 4 gallons and the guy set the cardboard holder with the cans on the front seat. She drove home, I went out to unload them and one of the cans was never hammered closed. Based on the angle of the seat it ran out and all over the black fabric seat (it was a lease). She drove right back up there and they covered the repairs. Accidents happen but your guy with the cigarette butt was just pure negligence. Hopefully he thinks twice before doing that again. 

Glad the end result is what it was

He most likely doesn't have a job after that. When you have a business that caters mostly to people with boats lined up at your dock, I wouldn't think you would want idiots that stand above them and flick cigarettes onto your patrons' boats. 

Here are some images of the place. Neat hangout location. And you can see that there are quite a collection of high dollar boats.

IMG_6117%201.jpg

ls.jpg

o.jpg

Looks like a fun place. I wish I was on bigger water to enjoy places like this. Sigh....

Andy ,be careful what you wish for . I posted last summer about watching 4 boats being hit in a matter of 2 hours or so  and a few days later 2 more .Now the lot next door has been sold and I have heard another restaurant is going in 

I will not dock mine there .

inn-between-from-the.jpg

8.jpg

That does look like a great place SpoiledRotten.  Lakeliving you're still young, maybe you should open a place :D  

Andy ,be careful what you wish for . I posted last summer about watching 4 boats being hit in a matter of 2 hours or so  and a few days later 2 more .Now the lot next door has been sold and I have heard another restaurant is going in 

I will not dock mine there .

inn-between-from-the.jpg

I remember you sharing this Jack. My guess is it was a searay hitting all the boats.

And Mark, there is an empty lot next to me.....

The incidents were after we switched marinas .The day the 4 were hit was our 1st visit there .We wanted to check it out before we docked there .Glad we drove our car instead 

Glad to hear the manager stepped up and owned the responsibility (for his inconsiderate probably ex-employee).  I would have been absolutely livid and would have probably got myself in trouble.  I have little patience for stuff like this.  My fuse length is directly proportional to my age.  The older I get the shorter it gets.

Glad to hear the manager stepped up and owned the responsibility (for his inconsiderate probably ex-employee).  I would have been absolutely livid and would have probably got myself in trouble.  I have little patience for stuff like this.  My fuse length is directly proportional to my age.  The older I get the shorter it gets.

I did blow up a bit at first, since I have a very short fuse for people that do totally stupid stuff to others' possessions, but I calmed down after I saw that the manager was taking care of it. It's just something that should not happen. Not to ring the bell of the smokers here, but for the most part, smokers don't concern themselves much about what they do with the butts after they finish smoking the cigarette. Most just toss them out the window of the car or on the ground no matter where they are... outside a store on the sidewalk, in the yard of the home where they are visiting.

You know, those things add up after so many do that same thing. I also fed the ducks off of the back of my boat, yesterday. Those ducks will grab anything that you toss into the water, including cig. butts that people toss near them. That really can't be good for those beautiful mallards.

D7F6F2D8-BFB5-4174-BDDC-C2E4AAB5FC9B.jpg

You handled it the correct way.  I typically blow up before thinking things through.  You're right, it can't be good for any animal to munch on.  While I don't seem to see as many people smoking cigarettes these days, most of the ones I do see are just as inconsiderate as ever.  We go through some very high fire danger conditions here in the summer because everything gets so dry and even with all the warnings and such I still see people throw them out the car window all the time.  I just don't get people sometimes.

We've had numerous businesses in our area with mulch fires from idiots tossing their smokes in the mulch next to the drive thrus.

I has an a**hole years back flick one out the window, it bounced off my truck  mirror and and the head broke up coming inside my truck. Part went into my shirt pocket and part went behind my back burning my back and the seat.. I wanted to beat them to death !!

We've had numerous businesses in our area with mulch fires from idiots tossing their smokes in the mulch next to the drive thrus.

I has an a**hole years back flick one out the window, it bounced off my truck  mirror and and the head broke up coming inside my truck. Part went into my shirt pocket and part went behind my back burning my back and the seat.. I wanted to beat them to death !!

SemperFi you have to get a dash cam and point it inside.  It kills me that we are not seeing things like this

I would like to have watched that, myself. :D

Back