Six seasons and 400 hours later...

lakeliving

Reaction score
08EADDEE-9BAA-4B7A-86D2-710785B310C1.jpeg DA71505E-CB4F-4435-B0E1-091B5575BB53.jpeg 0235D588-9ED9-4F0B-9AF2-E1805FCA443B.jpeg CCB34B61-A4B2-48DD-801D-47D54B164497.jpeg

...and I’m still happy with our boat! We’ve been venturing further from our safe waters recently and checking out the intracoastal and what it has to offer. We might have found our new destination for taking the boat out!

LL, she's still tender in years and hours and looks it too. So, are these swimmable areas too? You look right at home with that fishing line...

When we were there kids were swimming around. It's within sight of the ocean so the water is nice there. I might bring the snorkel and check it out next time.

Last edited:
When we were there kids were swimming around. It's within sight of the ocean so the water is nice there. I might bring the snorkel and check it out next time.
What inlet was this? We were just at ft pierce this weekend, although not with my Benny :( I thought it was beautiful there.

What inlet was this? We were just at ft pierce this weekend, although not with my Benny :( I thought it was beautiful there.

Stuart inlet so one down from Ft. pierce. The ft pierce inlet and park is nice.

Stuart inlet so one down from Ft. pierce. The ft pierce inlet and park is nice.
I do like the water down there better than up in Brevard county. The nearest true inlet is Sebastian. So we don’t get the “blue water” in cocoa beach. And the islands are not the soft sand. It’s got quite a bit of shells and coquina, gotta wear some kind of foot protection. But hey a bad day on the water is always better than a good day at the office.

On the beach itself here, the sand has some shells but not too bad, but the islands near the inlet are smooth sand. We're about 7-8 miles from the inlet so not a bad run from our house. I agree with you on being on the water vs the office.

Looks awesome Andy! The Benny looks great and what can beat that beach!

Andy...looks like you are enjoying the move to Florida. LOVE the pictures, pulling up to the sandy beaches, and the sights. Keep on enjoying it. What life is about - making those memories on the water. ;)

Hello - looks like a great area. I assume it is salt water. How does that impact maintenance with pontoon?
Thanks.

Hello - looks like a great area. I assume it is salt water. How does that impact maintenance with pontoon?
Thanks.
I’d say the primary impact is that you just have to make sure you rinse it down and flush the motor after each use. I also have the saltwater package with saltwater anodes and sealed strakes to prevent electrolysis on the toons themselves. You also don’t want to store the boat in the water without some kind of anti fouling paint.

Thanks! And what Rod said about the saltwater package and the cleaning.

No shots of your little guy. Is he still into boating as he was as a wee lad?

No shots of your little guy. Is he still into boating as he was as a wee lad?

oh don’t worry, he still loves being on the boat!! He’s growing like a weed too!

D5260E36-1EEE-4AEC-ABE3-1A76538E42F9.jpegE6374790-D954-46D5-B9C1-8362EAA4BFB4.jpeg4E3726BC-9184-493A-A1EA-70132842F14E.jpeg

Back