Ski Pylon Help

Blue Goose

Reaction score
We ordered a ski pylon kit for our 2018 22 SFX. We did not get any instructions with the kit. Dealer has never installed one before. No luck with Bennington CS. I think I have it mostly figured out except for two parts. One is a square rubber piece about 3" x 3" x 1/4" and the other is an aluminum piece about the same size with a notch on one end.
I'm reasonably sure these parts are to keep the pylon secure in the hole somehow. Does anyone have a diagram or pictures would really be appreciated. Thanks
David

Sorry, can’t help you with that. Perhaps someone else will respond. Curious it doesn’t come with instructions.

Obviously as you figured out the rubber is the gasket or vibration dampener and the plate to pull it together, I would assume the notch would be for alignment or fitting a specific model. Hopefully somebody can get you pics!!

Do you have pictures of the parts and the area it gets installed? Might help us figure it out

Sunedog, your system appears different than mine. I'm not sure how to post pics but I will give it a try.
Thanks for the replies.
David

The square rubber piece and the notched aluminum piece are the ones that I need help with.
Anyone with a SFX (fishing model) and a ski pylon should have these parts installed.
Thanks
David

Attachments

• IMG_1298 (1).jpg
    IMG_1298 (1).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 41
The square rubber piece and the notched aluminum piece are the ones that I need help with.
Anyone with a SFX (fishing model) and a ski pylon should have these parts installed.
Thanks
David
Try calling Bennington at this number, 888.906.2628 ext 238. The person I talk to is Melissa. She should be able to enlighten you. I have a 2017 24sfx with sky pilon but I won't be at the boat until tomorrow. If you don't find your answers I can look at mine and see how it attaches.

Thanks for the pics. Didn't see the mystery pieces in them but I'm going to try to contact Melissa for
additional info. Myv10 if you get a chance please see if you can locate these parts on your SFX.
Thanks
David

Back