Ski Pylon

Hi Mike , yes I had it made for less then $100. It is 53" and made from solid 3" aluminum. I had the local technical college machine the groove in the end for the rope and tap the other end for a 3/4" stud. I used a 3/4" X 4" stainless steel stud for the hole in the tunnel. I then put I believe a 2 1/2" X 3/8" angle bracket across the top of the tunnel and inline with the ski pylon.

When are we going to see the pics of this work?

Cant wait for the pics! We bought an SX last summer and I was just quoted $1091.49 for the bar. That is crazy! I will be shopping for a 3" piece of stock in the meantime. Please include the bracket pics!

Hi Mike , yes I had it made for less then $100. It is 53" and made from solid 3" aluminum. I had the local technical college machine the groove in the end for the rope and tap the other end for a 3/4" stud. I used a 3/4" X 4" stainless steel stud for the hole in the tunnel. I then put I believe a 2 1/2" X 3/8" angle bracket across the top of the tunnel and inline with the ski pylon. I bolted it thru the top of the tunnel and then I made a U clamp out of stainless threaded rod and used it to attach the pylon to the angle bracket. I used this instead of the aluminum plate shown in the pictures. Hope this helps.
Sounds like you have this down pretty good do you have any pics u can share?

Hi Mike , yes I had it made for less then $100. It is 53" and made from solid 3" aluminum. I had the local technical college machine the groove in the end for the rope and tap the other end for a 3/4" stud. I used a 3/4" X 4" stainless steel stud for the hole in the tunnel. I then put I believe a 2 1/2" X 3/8" angle bracket across the top of the tunnel and inline with the ski pylon. I bolted it thru the top of the tunnel and then I made a U clamp out of stainless threaded rod and used it to attach the pylon to the angle bracket. I used this instead of the aluminum plate shown in the pictures. Hope this helps.
Hi Mike looking into making one also would you have finished pics that you could send. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike looking into making one also would you have finished pics that you could send. thanks
The member you were reaching out to has not returned to the forum since spring of 2019. Not sure you will see a reply.

Personally, I would not put personal contact information in an open post (email, phone numbers, etc). You can PM members in the forum which would be a safer method. Keep in mind non-forum members can read these forums, they just cannot reply or anything.

I made my own and it couldn't work better. I just got a piece of diamond plate metal. It is about 10" wide and long enough to go across the back motor support. I bolted it down to the engine support bracket. Ordered a ski pylon with adjustable legs and mounted it to my diamond plater. I think the whole thing was about $250. Looks like factory installed and works perfect.

I made my own and it couldn't work better. I just got a piece of diamond plate metal. It is about 10" wide and long enough to go across the back motor support. I bolted it down to the engine support bracket. Ordered a ski pylon with adjustable legs and mounted it to my diamond plater. I think the whole thing was about $250. Looks like factory installed and works perfect.
pictures of this that would be great

I had to get a 3rd party one for our swingback in 2017 due to the height of the Verado 200 pro. The dealer installed it for us but said it went very well. Could not be happier with it. Very sturdy and we use as a grab bar mostly when standing, sitting, and kneeling in the aft. pontoon-boat-ski-tow-bar-close-up__22519.jpgHere is the link:

Back