Ski Tow Bar for 2017 20' SLMX w/out Extended Aft Deck

Buffett Man

Reaction score
Hello all - I have a question that I'd like to pose to the group.  I just purchased a 20' SLMX without an extended aft deck and I'm going to have a ski tow bar added since I upgraded to an F90 (for tubing mainly).  It just occurred to me that without the extended aft deck, the ski bar could interfere with the sun pad if someone wants to swing their legs around and face the back of the boat.  I imagine that the tow bar design considers this and will not encroach on the sun pad much but I can't seem to find any pics on-line anywhere of a boat like mine with a ski tow bar.  Anyone have any experience with this or advice?  

Thanks in advance for any information/advice that you can lend me.  I'm glad that I stumbled upon this site and I can't wait to get that boat out as soon as things warm up here in Michigan!  

What type is it? Post, or bar type?

Here's a 2015 SLMX .... doubt much changed in layout 

2015%20Bennington%20SX%2020%20SLMX%20(9).jpg

or a 2016 

IMG_2306.jpg

Oh yeah, Welcome Aboard ...... and PICS are MANDATORY ......  :D

Oh yeah, Welcome Aboard ...... and PICS are MANDATORY ......  :D

Thanks!  I will definitely post some pics as soon as I take possession of the boat.  It was literally just shipped and sitting in the yard of the Marina covered in the white shipping material they send them in and the sales guy cut away enough of it for me to look inside and at the sides, etc.  I looked at the other ones inside that were prepped so I knew what the "real deal" looked like though.  I just had to verify the one that I bought was the right color and had the right options.  

Make sure to check in on Links thread ...  

I'm glad that I stumbled upon this site and I can't wait to get that boat out as soon as things warm up here in Michigan!  

Welcome to Club Bennington! We've got a number of active Michigan members on this board. Where do you boat?

Welcome to Club Bennington! We've got a number of active Michigan members on this board. Where do you boat?

Hello Michiman - sorry for my late response to your post!  We boat down in Jackson County (Clark Lake) but will also trailer it up to Torch Lake and near Traverse City as we're from that area originally.  Where do you boat? 

Hello Michiman - sorry for my late response to your post!  We boat down in Jackson County (Clark Lake) but will also trailer it up to Torch Lake and near Traverse City as we're from that area originally.  Where do you boat? 

Clark lake is beautiful. A friend of mines parents live on Columbia. We looked at buying a place on one of those lakes when I joined Consumers Energy but we ended up staying where we were.

No worries! Yes, I'll agree with Lakeliving that Clark Lake is beautiful and Torch is, well, unbelievable. I'm up on Houghton Lake. Enjoy... 

Hello all - I have a question that I'd like to pose to the group. I just purchased a 20' SLMX without an extended aft deck and I'm going to have a ski tow bar added since I upgraded to an F90 (for tubing mainly). It just occurred to me that without the extended aft deck, the ski bar could interfere with the sun pad if someone wants to swing their legs around and face the back of the boat. I imagine that the tow bar design considers this and will not encroach on the sun pad much but I can't seem to find any pics on-line anywhere of a boat like mine with a ski tow bar. Anyone have any experience with this or advice?

Thanks in advance for any information/advice that you can lend me. I'm glad that I stumbled upon this site and I can't wait to get that boat out as soon as things warm up here in Michigan!
Where did you find a ski tow bar to fit your boat, I haven't been able to find one to fit my SL20?

Back