Ski Tow Question .....

JasonLepore

Reaction score
I opted to Skip the Ski Tow Bar (For Now, save the $600 ) I am buying the Ski tow harness, maybe to just do some tubing a few times during the summer... Dealer says its ok to hook up the harness to the eyehooks on the Toons.... I thought I read that, this is not a good idea... Is it ok to hook up the harness to the toons for tubing a few times ?

Thanks Again

I opted to Skip the Ski Tow Bar (For Now, save the $600 ) I am buying the Ski tow harness, maybe to just do some tubing a few times during the summer... Dealer says its ok to hook up the harness to the eyehooks on the Toons.... I thought I read that, this is not a good idea... Is it ok to hook up the harness to the toons for tubing a few times ?

Thanks Again
my dealer told me the same thing that it is ok they also said that you are not supposed to tube off of the ski bar it is for skiing and wakeboarding only i havent tried it yet though

Thanks Again
Please use the U-BOLTS (on either side of the transom) for your harness. These are bolted through the .250" stern cross channel and are STRONG. They are designed so that the dealer can lift the boat off a semi with them! :) TB

Jason - I use the U-bolts TB discusses above for tubing with a Y-harness - it works great. When you mention "eyehooks on the toons" it sounds like you are referring to the ones actually welded to the tubes (which I use to tie down when trailering). You do not want to use them for tubing.

I also bought a "Booster Ball" for about $70 on sale (see Overtons, BassPro, Cableas, West Marine catalogues). It works great keeping the tow line out of the wake and as a visual warning to others that you are towing someone.

I also use the U Bolts as described by TB and my dealer. No problems at all...

Shawn

I use the ski pole for tubing all the time, in fact that is all I use it for. A 22ft toon with a 115 motor is not going to see a skier anyway. Not sure if the dealer/rep who said that knew what they were talking about....or perhaps the person misunderstood. Reps/dealer will tell you not to pull a tube, but them mean don't pull it empty. I would seriously doubt the ski tower is not for tubing. It gets the line high up out of the water, and as long as you don't submarine the tube you should have no issues.

Back