Sleeping on the boat

Dougncrew

Reaction score
This is specifically regarding sleeping on the boat at lake Havasu AZ. Does anyone know if you can anchor off shore and sleep on the boat. Is it ok in a cove? Any advice is appreciated.

While I have never boated on Havasu, nor have I done this I night, I have often anchored in a cove and taken a nap. You should be ok. Two items of advice.
1. Not everyone out there is honest. Keep one eye open.
2. Don’t roll to far. It will remind you of the time your roommate found you sleeping and dumped a bucket of water on you.

Check the local laws also. Here on Lake Norman you're not allowed to stay on your boat overnight out on the lake.

I'm famous in our tie up crowd for finding a quiet place and catching some Z-z-z-z's on the water after a long afternoon of wine, women and song.

14469679_10206854023781344_4498331062833917858_n.jpg

Check the local laws also. Here on Lake Norman you're not allowed to stay on your boat overnight out on the lake.

Here, we can stay overnight, but if not beached, someone must remain awake on watch.

Slept on the boat a few times here in NC BUT... dislike waking up with everything all wet from the dew. May not have that problem in the desert. If I do it again I'll set up some tent-like setup to stay dry over night.

Friends of ours have slept on the boat overnight here on Lake Norman. They anchored in a No Wake no traffic cove across from a popular restaurant. They blew up an air mattress they put in between the front loungers and had a tarp connected to their Bimini and to the front rails. The mosquitoes would hunt me down if I did that!!!

Back