Slide Anchor & Bumper questions .

Had a teabag shackles and chains joke involving Kaydano, but we'll keep it classy. Hehe

No one around here has ever heard of the box anchors, I'd love to get one, but the shipping and duty would kill me. Ahh Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone! DH said he was going to use the anchor shackle too, but I get so much info from everyone on here speaking from experience I just wanted to double check! 

I ordered the shackle to go with mine as well.

Direct to the rope, no chain.

Per previous reading, I also went with 3/8 twisted anchor line, 2:1 scope.

What shackle is everyone buying?

My shackles came with the anchor and another with the line.
41ShGqNEW7L.jpg

They are fairly inexpensive where ever you get them . I secured the " bolt " with a zip tie .

Hey Mariners, If you go into a marine store and ask for 3/8 ROPE they'll laugh at you. Please, Please, Please call it "LINE". And if your looking for lake MAPS, it's not a MAP it's a "CHART". We have to sound "NAUTICAL" here. Its 4 letters LEFT called "PORT", 9 letters RIGHT called  "STARBOARD". Just a little help from your friend.

And it's the Head, not the bathroom.

Hey Mariners, If you go into a marine store and ask for 3/8 ROPE they'll laugh at you. Please, Please, Please call it "LINE". And if your looking for lake MAPS, it's not a MAP it's a "CHART". We have to sound "NAUTICAL" here. Its 4 letters LEFT called "PORT", 9 letters RIGHT called  "STARBOARD". Just a little help from your friend.
I'm not a mariner yet...but I'm a learner! :)

Line it is!

Yes you're right, they laughed when I used the non nautical term when I said "I've got to go pee pee"

I thought it was rope until it was on a boat... then it's called line. Tell them that next time they give you crap.

Or, ask if it's still called line if your going to hang your cat from a tree with it. And ask if they need you to call the noose a loop too.

Had a teabag shackles and chains joke involving Kaydano, but we'll keep it classy. Hehe

No one around here has ever heard of the box anchors, I'd love to get one, but the shipping and duty would kill me. Ahh Canada.
Were mushroom and slide anchors involved? If so, I know that joke...

I was with my brother and dad years ago in a gun shop and my brother was restoring this old rifle. My brother asked this old guy behind the counter how much he charged for a blue job. As he wanted the barrel re blued. Not my choice of words for that situation but we all got a good laugh and somehow didn't get shot to death.

:D

Box anchor doesn't use chain and twisted rope is recommended.

When my box anchor arrived it specifically said ,Do not use a chain .

I was checking out the slide anchor website and it appears as if the 3/8" anchor line that they sell is braided, not twisted.  Was it not the owner of the company and designer of the anchor that recommended twisted line due to its better stretch?  It seems odd that they are selling a braided line, or are they the same thing?  Also, as I am new to this, how many shackles do I need?  What purpose do they serve?

Back