Slide Anchor & Bumper questions .

The shackle is to attach a chain to the anchor. Or an anchor line with a thimble in it (I think that's what it's called). If you plan to use plain rope, just tie a good knot in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking to get a box anchor.  I see that if you order the box anchor through slide anchor it looks like you get a bag with it.  Through Overton's, amazon, etc., it looks like that is not the case.  Does anyone use the bag or do you store it by a different method?  Thanks for any replies.

I store it in the bag.  The Box Anchor is a pretty formidable piece that I would expect to eat up the floor, fortunately the bag it comes with is also pretty formidable and can handle the job

I'm looking to get a box anchor. I see that if you order the box anchor through slide anchor it looks like you get a bag with it. Through Overton's, amazon, etc., it looks like that is not the case. Does anyone use the bag or do you store it by a different method? Thanks for any replies.
FYI. Mine from Amazon came with the bag.

I'm looking to get a box anchor.  I see that if you order the box anchor through slide anchor it looks like you get a bag with it.  Through Overton's, amazon, etc., it looks like that is not the case.  Does anyone use the bag or do you store it by a different method?  Thanks for any replies.
I got mine at Overtons and it Did come with a bag .

Yes I use the bag . Heavy vinyl with a mesh side panel ,Velcro at the opening .

I also store a 9' buoy in the bag for when I use it at the sand bar . I wouldn't want anyone stepping on it . 

CCPA, I just reread your post and realized I didn't answer your question.  I ordered mine from Amazon the dealer was "Offshore Wake".  It does not say "bag included" and after ordering it I worried if the bag was going to come with it but it did and it is a nice heavy bag with a strip of nylon netting to help it breathe

Thanks everyone, looks like everyone includes the bag, it just wasn't in some of the descriptions.

I put ours in a plastic tote, that way i can pull it up and it goes straight into the tote, no mess, no marks on the floor.

Then the whole thing goes in the changing room for storage.

I never use a bag. I store my small box anchor in my middle toon..... And my baby box anchor in a rear corner seat...

I don't use the bag.  Store the small in the front corner seat.  You do have to watch that the points don't catch the speaker wires.  Sadly, the baby is on the bottom of Lake Cumberland.  The kids used it and when they pulled the rope up there was no anchor on the end.  Somebody tied a "knot" instead of using the shackle.  Lesson for the kids. 

I just got my small box from Amazon today. It came with the blue bag. This thing is a sweet looking anchor! I'm excited to try it out. Thinking about picking up a baby now to replace my big danforth anchor. Does anyone store their anchors under a seat? I was thinking about putting mine in my front port seat but I'm a little concerned about them bumping into the back of my speakers. 

I store mine under a seat in the bag .

How ever my seating configuration is different than yours . ( no speaker in that seat either ) 

I just got my small box from Amazon today. It came with the blue bag. This thing is a sweet looking anchor! I'm excited to try it out. Thinking about picking up a baby now to replace my big danforth anchor. Does anyone store their anchors under a seat? I was thinking about putting mine in my front port seat but I'm a little concerned about them bumping into the back of my speakers. 

The back of the speaker should have a cover on it.  We have to make sure the points don't catch the speaker wires. 

I just looked at mine .It does have a cover . Last season with the KIckers on my SLX ,they were exposed .

Great new Signature Picture Jack!  Love the co captains chair.

I just read the box anchor ad. To those who have a box anchor does the anchor work as easily and as well as the ad claim? I have a 2375 Rcw elliptical and use a conventional anchor that not all that good at holding my boat. I would appreciate any input you would like to share.

I've been using mine on a 2275RCW in a sand, muck, and weedy lake environment (no currents though) and our small box holds great. We've held 2 boats with it several times in the wind, no issues.

Back