slip rental

rob

Reaction score
what does it cost you to slip your toon at the local marina ? in eastern iowa for 2000.00 you get a 10x25 covered slip with water and electricty. security gate and access to a in ground pool.

In North Texas it is costing me $5465 for a 40x16 covered slip with water and electricity. I have two Sea Doo's in lifts on the side, and the first 9 feet of the slip is decked.

At Joe Pool Lake in DFW area it was going to cost $2600/year for a covered 10x25 slip. Decided to put it in covered storage area near my house for 1200/year instead since I want to trailer it to various lakes anyway.

One of the marinas on Lake Geneva in Wisconsin quoted me around $5000 for the year. Unfortunately the year is only about 4 months.

We have our own dock but I believe that the Marinas charge $1500 - $2000 for an uncovered slip at Sacandaga. 

Around $1400-$1600 here in Madison, WI, not covered, for 4 months.

No cover ,no pool ,no electricity at the slip . We do have showers ,restrooms ,WIFI locked gate ,security cameras ,dock box .$1600 a year .

$900  a year more for covered .

Season is Ice to Ice .

Last edited by a moderator:
I pay $2500 for full year round locked garage storage with valet service. It's in a courtesy slip when we arrive (so closest to the parking lot) and we park it in any empty slip when done. The good part is the toons stay clean and its out of the Sun and weather. The marina is pretty dumpy and there are no amenities though.

$3400 for12x34 covered concrete dock, slip and lift. I'm going to try it this ear and see how it goes I might be moving to Dan's less costly option. Plus they have a bar for AFTER I'm done covering it. Eastern Iowa.

what does it cost you to slip your toon at the local marina ? in eastern iowa for 2000.00 you get a 10x25 covered slip with water and electricty. security gate and access to a in ground pool.
Where in Eastern Iowa?

I pay $2500 for full year round locked garage storage with valet service. It's in a courtesy slip when we arrive (so closest to the parking lot) and we park it in any empty slip when done. The good part is the toons stay clean and its out of the Sun and weather. The marina is pretty dumpy and there are no amenities though.
I think their basic pontoon slip (no roof, no electricity) is $800 per summer.  Then you also have to find storage for the winter.

$640 uncovered slip, up to 25' boat at State park, $500 winter storage, $150 in, $150 out trailer fee in spring/fall.

Man - feels like I have a great deal. Ours is $525 a season at a state park. That is for a 28' dock - no cover or electric. There are showers and picnic tables though. The season runs from 4/1 - 10/31. I sure hope to get the boat in the rain has been terrible so far.

We live in a private community of 4300 homes which has two Marina's for our 530 acre lake with private security for the entire development. We have open docks with power going for $725.00 a year. The size is roughly 10X22.

I thought this was way over priced for the 4 months a year until I read this thread. I feel bad for some of you.

For some reason I feel everyone is looking at me... :unsure:

I pay higher taxes because I live on the lake. Does that count for anything? No pool but there are bathrooms, kitchen, ping pong table, hot tub, deck, BBQ....

For some reason I feel everyone is looking at me... :unsure:
It is because your fly is down. Nothing to do with the high slip costs.

I pay about $650. for the May 1st to September 15th season.

20157268.jpg

Marina.jpg

Looks like you win Jared!

Back