Small Box Anchor

kaydano

Reaction score
My small box anchor came by FedEx today!

Who the hell made the decision to call this thing "small"???

My small box anchor came by FedEx today!

Who the hell made the decision to call this thing "small"???
:p I thought the same thing, but it still stores easier than a danforth, and works well.

I use it for my bow anchor and the freebie danforth for my stern anchor.

Does it work on oyster shells???

Dimensions?

Does it work on oyster shells???

Don’t know about oyster shells but it works on bottom of the ICW very well, which is mostly sand. Because of the design I would think the 4 teeth would be able to grab onto a shell bed also. It definitely sets up quickly in the sand

I know what your Saying I use a "Small" for the front of the boat and a "Baby" ( thats what they should call the small for the rear of the boat when we double anchor

Make sure you use lock-tight on the shackle threads that connects both the rod to the box anchor & on the other end to your anchor rope. Lots of posts from people who lost theirs because the shackles came unscrewed. I did for mine & no issues so far

Good point!

Yes BK but it folds up to be a straight and fits easily in my smaller curved front seat

My "baby" box anchor is on the bottom of Lake Cumberland because of a shackle unscrewing.

This is what we use
667DEBD2-9938-4A68-998F-C03701CFB0EA.jpeg

We are new Bennington Pontoon owners We will be picking it up from dealer in a few days. What Anchor should I buy for a 22 ft Pontoon?

We are new Bennington Pontoon owners We will be picking it up from dealer in a few days. What Anchor should I buy for a 22 ft Pontoon?
First see if the dealer will throw one in for you. At a minimum it will be a good stern anchor. You also will need to select your anchor depending on what you’re anchoring on (ie sandy, mud bottom, rocks). The weight won’t be too much for a 22 ft.

I got the small box anchor primary for my 22 footer, anchoring in sand on the intracoastal. And it folds for easier storage.

I've never owned a box anchor but I've had great results with the Richter anchor. It's always held very well in a wide variety of bottom types. I have the 25lb.

anchor.jpg

That looks easy to pull out..

Back