Small changes

Richard Foisy

Reaction score
E6DD2A14-370F-4612-B396-5D61FBBF2ABA.jpeg 77F1D0C2-B416-4067-99BF-BF7754E6D168.jpeg last summer I added some nylon web straps with snaps to keep the bow and port gates open when needed, which is most of the time while anchored . I thought of another easier way to do this using rare earth magnets attached to the bottom of the gates and another to the deck .

Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 25660 View attachment 25661 last summer I added some nylon web straps with snaps to keep the bow and port gates open when needed, which is most of the time while anchored . I thought of another easier way to do this using rare earth magnets attached to the bottom of the gates and another to the deck .
Looks great. Would you post the supply/parts list for this door project? I have been looking for a simple way to hold these doors open.

I used rare earth magnets which are much stronger than ceramic magnets. I got them at a a store here which is not in the USA. I have seen them in Home Depot before in the US. They are about the size of a 5 cent coin and are chrome plated. I think these 12mm ones would be similar on Amazon.

I glued one under the gate and one to the floor. On the port gate I had to add a spacer to get it close enough to hold properly. There I used a cap from a small propane bottle in which the magnet fit perfectly. You can stack additional magnets to get it close enough. I noticed that amazon has some magnets with a countersunk screw hole which may work.

Back