Snow in SC

highpond

Reaction score
Has anyone here in the south had enough winter? The temp during the day is suppose to be 59 and what do we get, below freezing temps for a high. Then to make matters worse the news has spent 3 days talking about the "BIG SNOW STORM" 

Well we got it last night. About 3"  The news during the  last two days was not news but what the anticipated storm was going to do. 6 to 10" they said. If anything else was going on in the world we didn't hear it from the news cast. Just the storm and closings. Schools, churches, businesses, and anything else that would be open for some reason would be closed. That was the news. The world could be crashing around us and we get "SNOW NEWS"

Well the "BIG SNOW STORM" of 6  to 10" got here and with all the hype we got maybe 3'' and that's melting. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but I left the northeast to get away from winter. Spring is 3 weeks away and it feels like it's still mid January. I want to get Benny into the water. Can anyone help?

The news is that the storms all have names now.  How did we survive back in the day when we just called them another F***'ing snow storm? 

It seems if you're not in south FL you have a good chance of getting cold and snow now.

Just called SC for my Star LSV Golf Cart 

Recording said they are closed till 1PM due to sever winter 

I guess it is for the best 

Everyone needs a taste of this 

12I5H.gif

May is coming, right ?

3" of snow is severe.....Thats a good one!!! We call that a Tuesday morning commute here!

The news is that the storms all have names now.  How did we survive back in the day when we just called them another F***'ing snow storm? 
I am working alone at my desk this morning and still had to literally laugh out loud. Thank you very much for the entertainment.

Yep, here in the Columbia area we are very tired of it. Time for some warmer weather! I like to put our Benny back in the water the first week of March, not looking good this year :(

Steve

Well the temp is 44 and the sun is at work (the only think working today) everything else is closed. I can see grass peeking through gasping for air. Some are doing the back stroke from all the water it's gotten. The melting is about half way there. By tonight it'll be a BAD memory. The temp for next week is more to my liking 60+ Then I can start working on the lawn. Should I be wishing for warm?  I guess when it's 100+utside we can look back at this mess and TRY to figure out which is the better. Snow and cold or heat. I think I'll take the heat. :" BY WINTER"

I was thinking the same thing Bruce about storm names.........I was watching the news one day and heard.........Next......the latest on "Neptune". What? Did something happen on that planet? Didn't know it was the snowstorm.......Ha!

Highpond.........We're not far from you. They were talking about getting 6 to 10 inches too. Got the snowblower that everybody said I didn't need to bring to NC ready.........we barely got 3 inches and after breakfast we ended up pushing the melting slush/water off the driveway w/the shovel so it'll be dry by the afternoon.........60s starting Monday.........

Sorry ,but I after 210" here last season . 

Big Kahuna

I left the blower in MA. No need for such a piece of machinery in the south. The way they talk on the news, this would be worse than the biggest hurricane that I've ever lived through. The News people really get pumped up for the weather. Next it'll be tornadoes. Well so far this awful stuff is disappearing Driveway is clear, grass is showing through and your right 60+ for next week.

Hopefully your forecasters down there are better than ours up here. If they were calling for 60's a week from now we'd be lucky to see 20. I'm jealous of you southern boaters.

I never knew I was such a visionary.  We've been in Las Vegas, Hawaii and San Francisco all month--returning Tuesday night.

And wouldn't you know it snowed 3" today.  But the snow melted by noon.

When the warm weather returns in the next week or two, we'll be home free for the Spring.

3" of snow is severe.....Thats a good one!!! We call that a Tuesday morning commute here!
We call it June up here! Okay, so maybe it's not THAT bad, but I think I've seen snow in every month of the year! Yup, North of 55th parallel can be quite fun!

• The average annual temperature in Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada is very cool at 1.7 degrees Celsius (35.1 degrees Fahrenheit).
  • There is a variation of mean monthly temperatures of 36.6 °C (65.9°F) which is a slightly high range.
  • The mean daily temperature variation/ range is 12.2 °C (21.9 °F).
  • The hottest month (July) is somewhat warm with an average temperature of 18.6 degrees Celsius (65.48 degrees Fahrenheit).
  • The coldest month (January) is very cold having an average temperature of -18 degrees Celsius (-0.399999999999999 degrees Fahrenheit).

I had to see what it is like up there and all I can say is 

"No Way In Hell"

Derrick I couldn't do it 

Pittsburgh is too cold during the winter.

The only advantage of living that far north 

The aurora borealis !!

001115_Gaute-Bruvik_www.nordnorge.com_Karlsoey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Nick needs to travel north for a photo shoot of the aurora borealis

16 inches of ice in my marina & a lot of ice fishermen walking around where my boat should be! -12* this week. I dont want to hear any crying about 55, and 3 inches of powder that is gone in a day or two!

The funniest part is I already moved South! Haha, I spent all my life in Thompson Manitoba, check out some stats on that place! We were the murder capital for a bunch of years(per capita of course) violent crime capital, you name it. PLUS we have numerous companies that come up there every year for cold weather testing. I've seen some pretty cool vehicles in my younger years. Lots of vehicles before they were released with body cladding to hide the design. One of the coolest was when the army was testing Humvees, complete with turret(minus the artillery) as they wanted to see how they performed running on jet fuel. The GM dealer got to drive one to pick his kid up at school with. Parked it on the side of a big 20-25ft high snow pile right in front of the school doors.

So Glad That I No Longer Have To Drive In This Weather 

Still Snowing and There is 8" on the ground

Another Storm Coming This Week 

WhoCaresRetiredClock.jpg

Hibernating Till The Temp Hits 55!

Back