So how are you coping with "Social Distancing"?

Bill N

Reaction score
Not much on TV, but did watch a good documentary this afternoon on the Bison!

Lay Lake

Reaction score
I've heard those babies will be called "coronials".

Tin Diesel

Reaction score
If we have a wave of Coronials, then I guess some people are ignoring the social distancing rules!
;)

Mike31406

Reaction score
Only as well as can be expected. But when you consider the alternative.... We are both retired but we certainly feel for those who are out of work. Hope it is over soon.

sjhorner9475

Reaction score
I have chosen to spend 4 to 5 days at my lake home and then 4 to 5 days at my regular home , this rotation between the two locations should help me cope with this isolation from other people , so far so good.
We are doing the same thing. I really thought there would be very few people at the lake but turns out many are taking advantage of the work from home policies initiated in many places.

BigKahuna

Reaction score

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Went to Lowe's to get some fuel lines for my chain saw (my next thread) and you would have thought it was Christmas Eve and everything was 75% off. Freaking packed. Grabbed the fuel lines and got the hell out of there! Social distancing my a--!

Tin Diesel

Reaction score
Same here in Houston! Absolutely packed Home Depot this weekend. The lumber check-out line was 10 deep with carts full of lumber, plywood, and big-projects stuff.
I can only guess that people are thinking that this is a good chance to get that room remodel done!

sunedog

Reaction score
I think people are anticipating the big box hardware stores will soon be shutting down so they're stocking up (or perhaps hoarding).

Man, I hate when people panic and hoard stuff. There was enough and more of everything (TP, sanitizer, masks, etc.) for everyone before this pandemic. If people weren't so selfish, there wouldn't be any shortages.

Link

Reaction score
I needed a new Pressure washer and Scotts Lawn fertilizer. Saw the line at Home Depot waiting to get in so went home and ordered the pressure washer on line from HD, shipped to my house and got the lawn fertilizer sent from Amazon

2fast4u

Reaction score
smart move. I am staying home doing yard work and things that needed doing around the house. I thought I would us this down time to get this stuff done so when spring time and good weather arrives and we can get on the lake after this virus is gone .

lakeliving

Reaction score
My wife suggested this would be a good time to redo the bathrooms. I thought it would be a good time to boat. Working from home full time is a nice change though.