So whats this handle for?

RaiderDon

Reaction score
F11504E2-44D8-4370-B14E-0518487633D6.jpeg
Hey everyone! Just bought a new 20 SLV, havent taken it out yet, but loving it in the driveway! So what’s this handle for? On the rear seat. Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome! It's the "Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up and Hang On" Handle. i never saw a Handle on a Bennington mounted there.Members will chime in so stand by.

RaiderDon congratulations on the new boat. Everyone on here likes to see pictures of new boats so please post some pictures showing the whole boat. As Illinois Ave said, someone on the forum will have an answer for you.

When I towed at highway speeds with my sx20, I used that handle to make sure the seat didn’t fly out. Strapped it down using that handle.

Congratulations on your new Bennington. Sorry, no clue about the handle. But there are a lot of smart people on this forum, someone will know. Perhaps the dealor you purchased it from will know.

For someone sitting on the edge of the seat to hang on to when there are rough seas or during tight turns when tubing.

We have a 24SSLX and have the same handle. Our dealer stated it could be used by the person seated at the table for a grab handle but said it was probably used on a different floor plan and was just a standard on the end of the furniture.

I often wrap my shirt around it so it doesn't blow out, but I have no idea why it's there.

It's also a high traffic area, so i suppose it gives a little protection to the seat from people banging stuff against it, but no idea why they put it there. It has stumped me since 2011...

Hey RaiderDon is the handle only on the one side,or both seats in the rear? (Is there only one seat on that model in the rear?)
I only have one seat in the rear, L-shaped. Thinking it’s just for the person sitting there to hold on to.

Except there's no other handle for the other 12 people on the boat... And it's cheap plastic and would break off easily... And it's next to the seat in the center of the boat (least likely person to NEED to hold on)... And it's low (you have to lean over to find it and grab it)... And it would make a lot more sense if it was between your legs than off to the side in an awkward position...

Think what you want, and I still don't know why they put it there, or what it's for, but I don't think it's an "oh crap" handle. JMO.

The mystery continues...

RaiderDon thanks for posting the additional pics. She is a beauty! Enjoy your first season regardless of the mystery handle.

Back