Sony Marine Series bluetooth radio (Model 55Wx4)

JDGgautier1

Reaction score
My pontoon is only 2 years old. The radio worked well for the past two years. Now it doesn't work at all. I read the 10-year warranty and believe it is covered because it is "factory installed." ANY tips out there before I call the dealer next week?? Or am I going to just bite the bullet and buy a new one on Amazon or at Best Buy?? John

Check the connection under helm. I had issues with mine till I put dielectric grease in it.

Our boat is not near our dealer. My radio quit after 4 years and didn’t get around to talking with the dealer/service for almost a year. They described a blade type fuse that is buried under the plug that goes in the back of the radio. I did replace the fuse even though it looked ok. That didn’t fix it so they Replaced it with a new radio (no cost under warranty) without even seeing or checking the old one. Boat was in storage when it came so I’m installing it this weekend. Call your dealer.

Check the connection under helm. I had issues with mine till I put dielectric grease in it.
SemperFidelis, thank-you for your suggestion of dielectric grease, IT WORKED therefore your suggestion saved me time, money, and aggravation! Worked with many Marines during my 22 years in the USAF; they certainly are/were NOT afraid of hard work!!! John

SemperFidelis, thank-you for your suggestion of dielectric grease, IT WORKED therefore your suggestion saved me time, money, and aggravation! Worked with many Marines during my 22 years in the USAF; they certainly are/were NOT afraid of hard work!!! John

Awesome!! Thank you for your service!!

Back