Sony Stereo Radio With Mega Bass Feature-Sounds Incredible!

Amazon is now selling the marine version Sony MEX-M100BT Marine CD Receiver with Bluetooth for $199. It formerly was $268.

Advantages are: Readable face plate info in direct sunlight and internals are marinized. Standard version faceplate info is unreadable in direct sunlight.. The radio is Sirius ready, Sirius radio receiver can be added for $10 more...

Last edited:
Just got one of these for Christmas! Did any of you guys run new power cable or just use the existing wiring?

Just got one of these for Christmas! Did any of you guys run new power cable or just use the existing wiring?
I ran dedicated power to mine.

What size? Seems the hot wire to the unit is very small already on the supplied harness. I looked under the helm and couldn’t see what size goes from the acc switch to the unit but it is bigger than the wire on the units harness. I did see it’s 10 gauge wire to the acc switch from the battery already, so if anything couldn’t I just run 10 from there to the unit?

What size? Seems the hot wire to the unit is very small already on the supplied harness. I looked under the helm and couldn’t see what size goes from the acc switch to the unit but it is bigger than the wire on the units harness. I did see it’s 10 gauge wire to the acc switch from the battery already, so if anything couldn’t I just run 10 from there to the unit?

Andy,
Typically as long as your supply matches or exceeds you should be good. I always lean toward 1-2 gauges lower (thicker) just to be safe, and make sure I’ve got the proper inline fuse.

I believe I ran 12 gauge back to the deep cycle. Don’t remember specifically how I wired it but can shut it off with the ACC switch and still preserve the head unit memory so I didn’t have to redo Bluetooth settings, etc. every time.

Last edited:
I used existing wiring for mine. I decided to try it first before running new wires. Stock wiring works fine for me. I also added a subwoofer that draws a lot more current. I used the livewell circuit for that since I don't have a livewell. It works fine too.

Thanks! I’m excited to get it wrapped up today and see how it sounds!

Radio is in and sounds awesome! Still need to play the settings but the speakers really came to life. So much bass I heard a rattle in the dash and crawled under to investigate. Turns out my gauge cluster nuts were loose!

You say your cluster nuts are loose???

Great thread so thanks for sharing! I'm ordering one today which it's on sale at Crutchfield.

Back